Chauvet DJ ColorPallet blue leds flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chauvet DJ ColorPallet blue leds flicker

I've got a couple of DJ Lights some were dead but i repaired the power supplies. Some of them the blue Led's flicker. The 5v regulator is spot on.
    Any suggestions? I did recap the matrix board no change.

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Some LEDs or even a few LEDs have degraded and become unstable. Or the contact at the soldering point of the LEDs is broken.
    Try pressing the contacts or using tweezers to short the leads of the blue-colored LED in the assembly to identify the faulty one. It may also vary in brightness.​

Comment

I wasn't aware they degraded thought it was all or nothing.. reflowed solder joints on board no change. Going to replace some of the flickering ones to see if a change or not.
      Thanks,
      nosaj

Comment

Just some of the blue ones flicker or all of the blue ones? Blue LEDs likely have higher forward voltage than either green or red.

Comment

Just some of them.
          nosaj

Comment

LEDs new can be different in color temperature. It can take a lot of time and money to select. Therefore, it is better to remove some of the native ones from the periphery and put them in the center, where there are dead ones, and replace the removed ones with new ones.

Comment

See what voltage the leds are running at now and test a bad one off the board to see how it reacts to differing levels of current. I am surprised that so many leds would exhibit this flickering behaviour, typically they just dim over time or fail completely. I wonder if they have a pwm driver that isn't able to deal with aging leds. These are DMX controlled lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixel View Post
                See what voltage the leds are running at now and test a bad one off the board to see how it reacts to differing levels of current. I am surprised that so many leds would exhibit this flickering behaviour, typically they just dim over time or fail completely. I wonder if they have a pwm driver that isn't able to deal with aging leds. These are DMX controlled lights?
                yes but being used standalone no dmx controller. Here is the manual.
                https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content...UM_Rev4_WO.pdf

Comment

Agree with x-pro. Likely defective LED's. I have seen the same.
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                  X