X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a toggle switch assemby Support/Bezel

supposedly made by Helios (closed down in 1979)Hello,
    I need a switch Support or Bezel that allows the switches to be recessed inside of the case, here are photos of that part:

Click image for larger version

Name:	5EYQFiAh.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	990784

This type of Switch Support/Bezel was use in all the Nagra IV line of models but also in equipment of other brands,
    here is a photo of some DI Box supposedly made by Helios (closed down in 1979) that used the same type of assembly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ooFA6I4m.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	990785

Does anyone know any info on these parts?
    Sources for it?
    Or any other equipment that might have used them?

Thank you so much for your help​
    Last edited by ilcaccillo; 12-18-2023, 08:16 PM.

Pictures are not showing here.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Are the photos showing now?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ilcaccillo View Post
        Are the photos showing now?
        Yes.
        I have not seen anything like that, but others here may have.

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That's a really nice bezel assembly. I hope someone can tell us a source.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
            That's a really nice bezel assembly. I hope someone can tell us a source.
            For sure mate,
            it looks great and it's very usefull

seems to be almost impossible to get info about it

Comment

Got any friends with a 3d printer?
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I have easy access to a 3D printer, but there's 3 problems:

1) I don't know the original measurements, I could for sure create some measurements from the photos, but it will be always a compromise

2) I don't know CAD drawing, so I don't know how to design the part

3) most difficult of all as far as I can is that you need to use a "Set Screw" to tighten the switch in the assembly, and the screw will shred a plastic thread easily, so ideally this part should be done with aluminum or some type of metal.

All these points can be overcome in some way, some easier than others but for now it's too early to think about this I'm still trying to find a source or more information on this part,
                3D printing will be my last resort if I don't find any leads in the next weeks

Thanks

Comment

I agree it's certainly not the most simple task. I assumed maybe one was broken or missing and that you still had one of the others in the device for making measurements.
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I think in your threads elsewhere, it was identified as having also been used by Nagra?
                    If so, have you tried contacting these guys? It says at the bottom 'more parts available':
                    https://www.exprorecorders.uk/USED_NAGRA%20PARTS.htm

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                      I think in your threads elsewhere, it was identified as having also been used by Nagra?
                      If so, have you tried contacting these guys? It says at the bottom 'more parts available':
                      https://www.exprorecorders.uk/USED_NAGRA%20PARTS.htm
                      If you read my post here you will see that I wrote "was used in all the Nagra IV line of models but also in equipment of other brands"

I contacted many Nagra related people and companies, but actually haven't see that company before, so I will contact them also.
                      Thanks for the link

Anyway anything related to Nagra will be very very expensive, what my end goal is , is to find the original manufacturer for the part and buy from the source instead of buying an overpriced Nagra spare part. This part was not made by Nagra.
                      But at the moment I'm leaving all the options open

Thanks once again
                      Last edited by ilcaccillo; 12-20-2023, 12:26 PM.

Comment

i crossposted this to some others sites i fequent. Here are the responses.

https://antiqueradios.com/forums/vie...320cc862447138 a6b8f1f3

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr.../#post-6749110

This part was interesting. Zeal PC originated from Geekhack, a keyboard enthusiast forum.,
                        and followed thru on re-creating Helios keyboard parts.​

nosaj
                        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

not much help in those forums...

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                            i crossposted this to some others sites i fequent. Here are the responses.

https://antiqueradios.com/forums/vie...320cc862447138 a6b8f1f3

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr.../#post-6749110

This part was interesting. Zeal PC originated from Geekhack, a keyboard enthusiast forum.,
                            and followed thru on re-creating Helios keyboard parts.​

nosaj
                            The qrz threads and not visible to non-members.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

The qrz threads and not visible to non-members.
                              I registered there to see the thread,
                              nothing useful there

Comment

Working...
                              X