Whammy WH 1: Info needed on VR1 variable resister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whammy WH 1: Info needed on VR1 variable resister

I own a Whammy WH 1 and I need the value of a variable resister/potentiometer labeled "VR1" and how it is set to divide up the resistance. (For instance, if its value is 100K ohm then is it divided up as 25K ohms and 75K ohms?) Lastly, I need to know where the divided resistance goes. I expect it is dividing a 5v source to the nearby TL072CP dual op-amp biFET labeled U27 but what how is it dividing up the voltage and where is it applied to? Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I couldn't find a schematic, Do you not have the original part and are there not any numbers on it? Or, can't you measure the resistance of the original?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I don't have the part, the top half of it broke off years ago and I've since lost it, so I can't measure it. It busted off while opening up the tight enclosure. I also don't have a schematic but I've been told it is 100K ohms. Unfortunately that doesn't tell me how it's dividing the voltage up if it's being used as a voltage divider, which I expect it is. I imagine that I'll eventually have to pry and splay the box apart a little to repair it once I have this figured out.

Comment

Working...
      X