Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XR1200D XLR jack Removal Dilemma -

Hello folks,
    This may sound crazy, but I cannot figure out how to remove the Main board on this older version Peavey XR1200D mixer board!! See attached pic of the Neutrik NC3FP jack. I don't find any that match this type, as I suppose Neutrik has updated them since this mixer was made.
    The issue is that the boards are attached to the bottom pan via those plastic catcher pins that you have to push the locking lever in, in order to release the board from the keeper (see pic of example).
    You cannot access the keepers unless the top panel of the mixer comes off.
    It cannot be removed as the Neutrik XLR mic jacks are preventing the top panel from being removed. It almost appear that the innerds of the XLR jack can be separated from the outer ring, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how that is accomplished. I've thought maybe it's like a bayonet fitting, but there is no way that ring will turn. Then I'm thinking perhaps there a locking tab inside the space around the inner XLR jack that I have to release, but no dice there.
    I'm really befuddled by this stupid thing,
    Does anyone have experience with this dilemma?
    Thanx, glen
    Attached Files

Maybe one of these pics can give you an idea:
    https://rubytubes.com/products/peave...-female-xlr-co
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Try twisting the larger diameter plastic counterclockwise (or backwards) with pliers 20-30 degrees.

Comment

If that doesn't work, maybe try putting an xlr plug in there and twisting the plug.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanx guys...I tried all of that!!
          Had another tech friend give it a go. He's much more aggressive than I'm comfortable with and I was actually cringing while he was prying & pulling on this thing. Turns out the ring around the actual XLR jack is merely pressed into the collar that contains it in the panel. There is really no physical connection. I suppose after 40yrs, the plastic has shrunk & entrapped the XLR insert. GEEZE!!! Well had to one by one little by little go down the row & push each XLR jack in slightly, then start all over again until they all were free.
          I suppose no one had any particular issues with this style jack as when new, they just pull out without resistance.
          Thanx for all the suggestions!!
          Glen...PHEW!

Comment

Working...
          X