No announcement yet.

Fender CBS Pro Reverb Master vol - :Normal channl reverb bleed thru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I will be listening for the issue all the time now.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I learned something about my Fender amps, too. So I'm grateful.
      I've been using Fender reverb amps (almost exclusively) since 1980.
      But as - like most players - I always use the vibrato channel (I love a little reverb, don't care about vibrato/tremolo), so I didn't notice the "issue"-.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
        A shared 250µ cathode cap would lower the unwanted signal by a factor 10 or 20dB.
        I tried that at the time in the simulation too. Actually a 220u cap at as new spec for ESR. And you're spot on. With only 50mV drive at the reverb power tube grid I don't think it would be an issue. And I checked on the amps signal frequency analysis just to be sure the really high value cap for that application wouldn't mess with the amps tonality and it doesn't. No change (well, less than three tenths of a dB at 80Hz) at audible freqiencies and only 2dB at 20Hz.
        Last edited by Chuck H; 03-08-2024, 09:41 PM.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
        X