Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Analog Mixered xlr BlueTooth Transmitter

Hi

I have a Behringer UFX1604 analog mixer that I feed into regular power amp speakers. I still have my power amp speakers but I am looking for a Bluetooth transmitter with xlr input that the mixer can use to feed its output to some blue tooth speakers at a restaurant. I am wondering if the microphone part of this Bluetooth setup would work if the transmitter was put in the mixer output.

I was getting a bit confused so I reviewed the male-female plug scenario and created this diagram.

Intended_Use:_Mike-Male >>>> Female-BlueToothTransmitter >>>>>>>>>>>>>> BlueToothReciever-Male >>>> Female-MixerInput
    My_Use:______MixerOutPut-Male >>>> Female-BlueToothTransmitter >>>>>>>> BlueToothReciever-Male >>>> Female-RestaurantPowerSpeakers​

So now that the diagram makes it clear that the transmitter xlr plug matches for Mike and Mixer, I am now thinking I need to compare the output of the mike versus the output of the mixer to see if there are any issues.
    I also would prefer to power the Bluetooth transmitter with AC rather than battery if at all possible.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    John

Last edited by bowesj; 03-07-2024, 03:25 PM.

I called Long & McQuade up the street from me who have a sound department and I found the proper solution. They said that Bluetooth is not the way to go because there is a few milliseconds delay. Instead they said a wireless transmitter and receiver is the way to go. I am assuming I can not mention product names here. I will just say they sell a system at $129 for the pair and another at $279 for the pair. He said the xlr left and right are spaced a fixed distance apart so I would need to see if these things can just plug directly in. Otherwise I would need some short XLR cables for the mixer and maybe a different adapter cable for the power speakers. They would want pictures of both before selling them so they can advise me. If purchased and it did not work they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by bowesj View Post
      I am assuming I can not mention product names here.
      Sure you can, no problem here, plus you already named names in the 1st post.
      Which L&M? Bloor St.?

Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The Long & McQuade is the Markham Store.
        The first wireless is the Alto Professional Stealth 1 Mono UHF XLR Wireless Audio Transmitter and Receiver
        The second is the Xvive Audio U3 2.4 GHz Wireless Microphone System.

Comment

The Alto units are quite small. Looks like the Behringer has enough room between the main outs that it should be no problem fitting 2 in there. You just won't be able to push the mixer right back up against a wall.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yes and with the speakers too. Many advantages come with at least one compromise. In this case also extra care people won't be walking near the back of the mixer.

Comment

Working...
            X