Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic $100 amp power cord?

https://www.morleyproducts.com/humno/

I'd cut one open in a minute but maybe not for $100...what is it guys? Common mode choke? X/Y caps? A Bybee Quantum Purifier??
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Mumno.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	996169

Maybe first verify if it has any effect at all .
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

There was another similar product making the rounds a few years ago. Turned out that it used an unapproved method of partial ground lift. There was no fancy circuity inside and it sold for a premium price relative to the manufacturing cost. I'll see if I can find the info because I assume that the subject device is similar. If you had a sample I'd imagine that you could discover some interesting information using an ohmmeter.

Comment

I bet it has some of that crystal lettuce in it.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I'll bet it's just this with parts beefed up enough to get approvals. Their long standing product Hum X is the same, but with much lower rated parts (1N400x for diodes rather than a >15A bridge), so has never gotten UL mark or been sold outside of North American markets to my knowledge.

Last edited by Greg Robinson; 03-18-2024, 08:00 PM.

Comment

For sale! 1000$
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
              Maybe first verify if it has any effect at all .
              it creates GLOWING testimonials ! Thats surely a first in musical electronics?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MIT power cable.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	996193

Cheaper than many...

Comment

I'm betting it's just a really expensive chunk of ferrite.
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

"allows energy to be more available consistently over the wide range of audio frequencies"

I'm always impressed with how these guys come up with new and enticing ways to lie or say nothing at all.
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                      I'm always impressed with how these guys come up with new and enticing ways to lie or say nothing at all.
                      And I'm amazed, and saddened, that people believe the hype and buy the product. It seems like the same mentality that allowed people to buy the magic elixir from snake oil salesmen of old.
                      Last edited by Tom Phillips; 03-20-2024, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Why doesn’t another company build the same thing and charge $20?
                        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
                          Why doesn’t another company build the same thing and charge $20?
                          No one would believe it could actually do something at that price. Maybe do nothing and claim some invisible field is painted on, and charge only half the 2500.
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

https://mitcables.com/product/acc-26...ntrol-console/
                            Skywalker studio supposedly has a few million $ "worth" of these nicely machined boxes
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	MIT Articulation Control Console.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	996322
                            They cost $125k each
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's an interview with the 'brain' behind that MIT operation.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X