Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing mini usb charging socket in Denon Envaya Bluetooth speaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing mini usb charging socket in Denon Envaya Bluetooth speaker?

I have this Denon Bluetooth speaker

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JTW9Q_...e=emb_imp_woyt

which I am super happy with. But the usb mini socket for charging seems to be very unstable lately.

instead of buying a replacement I am considering if I can somehow fix it.

i found the above video so it’s possible to disassemble it to some extend. But where do I find a new mini usb socket that fits in there?

You need to dismantle the speaker to get to the socket and posting a picture here will help us to identify it. I've found good compatibility with USB sockets overall in terms of fit and dimensions, so it should be straightforward to find the correct replacement. You need fairly good soldering skills to remove the old socket - it's likely that the metal shell of the connector has two through-hole pins to mount it to the board, and surface-mount connections to solder pads for the conductors. Quite frequently though all that's needed is to re-solder where the shell is soldered onto the PCB, as movement in the connector can cause the joints to crack, making the socket loose. You need to examine the connector to make sure that movement hasn't damaged the board or pulled the through-plated holes out. If that's the case replacement will be more involved.

Availability may depend on where you live - let us know so we can identify possible suppliers.

Comment

Hello U12345,
      MouserElectronics. Com is a good place to look. You just have to match the pics with the original and possibly match dimensions of their listed.
      be forewarned that this type of soldering takes a lot of practice, appropriate temp controlled soldering station, and appropriate soldering tip.
      if you haven't done this type of soldering before, you can easily do some irreversible damage to the board.
      Low melt solder can greatly aid in removal.
      Glen

Comment

Working...
      X