Big Grabbers for Fluke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Grabbers for Fluke

I just bought a couple of the larger Fluke grabbers that I assumed would just attach to my standard Fluke probes but the grabbers hole is too large. What am I missing, a reducer of some sort? Also, i bought some of the cheaper mini grabbers from China and they work fine but they're a little on the flimsy side. Are there quality mini grabbers that will fit on the Fluke?

SOme probes have banana holes rather than tip holes. Without a photo...
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Is the hole on the clips threaded?
      My non-fluke meter has a threaded portion on the probes and the alligator clips thread on to those.
      I'm guessing there are different versions of the clips for different versions of fluke probes.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        Is the hole on the clips threaded?
        My non-fluke meter has a threaded portion on the probes and the alligator clips thread on to those.
        I'm guessing there are different versions of the clips for different versions of fluke probes.

Here's a pic
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the receptacle for a 4mm safety (banana) plug. These plugs have no exposed metal parts and were the only banana plugs allowed in our labs (for good reason).

https://www.eve-electronics.com/news...est-leads.html
          Last edited by Helmholtz; 05-08-2020, 07:27 PM.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Perkinsman View Post
            I just bought a couple of the larger Fluke grabbers that I assumed would just attach to my standard Fluke probes but the grabbers hole is too large. What am I missing, a reducer of some sort? Also, i bought some of the cheaper mini grabbers from China and they work fine but they're a little on the flimsy side. Are there quality mini grabbers that will fit on the Fluke?
            Pomona makes nice ones, as well as the thread-on tips for the Probe Master probes. I've been using both molded Pomona unshrouded banana plug to mini grabbers, micro grabbers, as well as EZ-Hook mini and micro-grabbers, and different larger jaw Fluke grabbers, that accept the 4mm banana plugs (shrouded or unshrouded).
            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Try this: take the banana plug on the meter end of your probe wire, and see if it plugs into that grabber.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Oh, so the grabber uses a lead with 4mm banana plugs on both ends...do they make an adapter that would allow my probe to fit in on one end & a banana plug on the other to plug into the grabber?

Comment

Oh, so the grabber uses a lead with 4mm banana plugs on both ends...do they make an adapter that would allow my probe to fit in on one end & a banana plug on the other to plug into the grabber?
                  Yes.....Pomona Electric makes one. P/N 1809 Tip Jack to Banana Plug. 1809-0 is Blk, 1809-2 is Red.

Pomona D1809_Tip Jack-Banana Plug.pdf.pdf
                  Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                    Looks like the receptacle for a 4mm safety (banana) plug. These plugs have no exposed metal parts and were the only banana plugs allowed in our labs (for good reason).

https://www.eve-electronics.com/news...est-leads.html
                    I like that concept better than the naked metal pin, is that the company you work for in Germany? Do they market in the US or online, ebay?

Comment

Or just get different cables:

https://ast-labs.com/shop/test_cable...eathed-13-awg/

Click image for larger version

Name:	991-001-Side-371x247.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	857728

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        Or just get different cables:

https://ast-labs.com/shop/test_cable...eathed-13-awg/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58459[/ATTACH]
                        I like those too...I was hoping to find just a simple silicon end to end connector, one end accepting my probe, the other end accepting the banana jack.

Comment

is that the company you work for in Germany?
                          Oh no. Just used the picture. But these are actually the Multi-Contact (MC) brand our design and quality engineers mainly used. I guess you can buy them from major distributors.
                          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I like those too...I was hoping to find just a simple silicon end to end connector, one end accepting my probe, the other end accepting the banana jack.
                            The ones Helmholtz posted are not like that. They do not accept probe tip.
                            You are looking for a probe tip (F) to banana (M) adapter. I'm not sure they exist.

edit: yes they do exist, nevetslab posted some above, post #9
                            Originally posted by Enzo
                            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The ones Helmholtz posted are not like that. They do not accept probe tip.
                              Right. I just showed the correct type of safety banana plugs for the grabbers. The grabbers are meant to be used with a pair of separate cables having those plugs on both ends.

https://www.fluke.com/en-us/products...ies/test-leads
                              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
                              X