Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a source for Sencore Powerite PR57 interlocking push button selector switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a source for Sencore Powerite PR57 interlocking push button selector switch

Hey all- the title says it all. I got a used Sencore PR57 a few years ago, and just recently one of the selector switches has developed an internal short, rendering the whole bank useless. What I need is a bank of interlocking push button switches, 4pdt, 6 rows. I can find them all day long in the wrong size. It seems there are numerous importers of the same product, which states a mounting hole distance of 95cm. I need something with the switches spaced a little further apart, the mounting holes on the one I have are more like 123-124 cm apart.

I tried contacting Sencore but got the "that's an obsolete item no longer supported" answer.

The original ones have a c-clip holding the spring on the shaft that can be removed, so they can actually be swapped out one at a time, but I can find no modern replacement manufactured like that. In all modern options I can find, the protrusion that holds the spring is molded on and can't be removed, so I can't get the shaft to go into the hole on the old bracket.

So, does anyone have any idea for a parts source for this item? Either the entire bank, or a source for the individual switches with a removable c-clip?

Worst case scenario, I can just wire in some jumpers and one or two switches for the two settings I ever really use, but I'd rather have it fully functional if that's an option. Any ideas?

E-Switch has those. There are several different types and switch configurations. You'll have to look at datasheets to see if one might work. As far as momentary or latching, you can usually take out the little spring loaded clip thingy to make them momentary and undo the latching part.

Here's an example although I'm not saying this is the one you need. Again, check datasheet(s).

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...UEENAGX/805273

Here's the E-Switch website.

https://www.e-switch.com/

The Sencore part number for the whole assembly is 25A287-A on the off chance that you can find a parts dealer who has some old stuff laying around.

"I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks Dude!

Comment

I don't hoard stuff, it's a coincidence. Not the exact one but has more poles, want me to measure it for you? They individually lock.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210423_154223.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.95 MB ID:	929707

EDIT , it's 95mm mounting. Was out of some Talkaphone intercom bingo thing.

Comment

I have another question. If the datasheet only lists DC voltage specs, does that mean the switch is not suited for AC voltage use? The Sencore will be switching up to full AC wall voltage at the switch bank, so I need one that is rated for 125VAC, right?

The Eswitch switches look like a good fit, but the datasheet only lists the contact rating in VDC. I can find a C&K switch listed as capable of handling 125VAC, but unfortunately it has the molded clip I don't want.

Looking at the Digikey page, I can see some listings that have both AC and DC ratings, and some that only state DC ratings. Can a DC rating be converted to give an AC rating, or does it not translate like that?

Comment

Working...
          X