20 Volt Tool Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Volt Tool Reviews

Off and on this year, I've been buying Dewalt 20 Volt tools.
    So far I have a tree trimming saw, chain saw, weed whacker, 2 leaf blowers, 1/2 inch impact tool.
    And, the mini hand held shop vac, I want to show today.
    I keep it in the house, and I use it to spot vac, mainly the floors, and window sills.
    It is heavy made and works great.
    https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1000_.jpg
    What I really like about the leaf blowers, saws, and weed trimmer, no two cycle engines to start and mess with.
    Great tools for old guys, like me!
    The 4, 5, and 6 amp batteries really hold up well.
    I bought most of the tools with this last years stimulus checks.
    I just ordered two 6 amp waitley batteries.
    I will review them when they come in.
    https://www.amazon.com/Waitley-DCB20.../dp/B07PYTRW65
    Do you have any 20v tools you wish to tell us about?
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

No 20v tools. Hand powered hand tools, 2 stroke for everything else. I hate rechargeables. Love my lawn boy 2 stroke lawnmower. I would have a 2 stroke car like a old Saab 3 cylinder if i could find one.

Comment

I love the pick up and go, usability of dewalt rechargeable 20 volt.
      They all use the same batteries, so if one goes bad chunk it and buy a replacement.
      Nothing more aggravating than pulling and yanking on a 2 cycle chain saw, leaf blower, or weed trimmer, that won't start.
      Big tools with big engines, give me diesel fuel injected tractors, and fuel injected 2 cylinder ZTR mowers.
      Fuel injected 6 and 8 cyl. cars and trucks. All 4 Cycle. (Intake, Compression, Power, Exhaust)
      Here is the leaf blower I got yesterday, to blow the leaves out of the shop, and away from the shop doors.
      https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg
      It works great so far.
      T
      Last edited by big_teee; 10-29-2021, 03:12 AM.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

My Dads into Dewalt, has been for a long time; their stuff used to be better made, Albrecht metal chuck on his old hammer drill, but all his NiCd's died and he had to spring for $30 adapter to use the newer Lithiums.

Dewalts newer bats (especially 60V) have a bad rep; Milwaukee has better battery tech now IMHO and thats all I buy. As to tool quality , its not Hilti but doesn't co$t it! For posers Milwaukee red doesn't quite match Hilti but decals can help...https://www.ebay.com/itm/142548480896

Makita is also good, no idea about the HF lines, cost is close enough to name brand for me to avoid them.

Comment

Milwaukee is good, but not much of it in my area.
          Dewalt tools are everywhere around here.
          I buy them at the local farm store, sometimes on sale.
          I still have some of the 18 volt tools.
          You can still buy after market 18v batteries.
          T
          Terry

Comment

I received the 2 Waitley batteries.
            https://www.amazon.com/Waitley-DCB20.../dp/B07PYTRW65
            They fit and work great, as advertised.
            Charge up fine in the Dewalt 20v charger.
            The three tools I use a lot?
            The hand held vacuum and the two leaf blowers.
            I keep one blower at the house to blow off the porches, and one at the shop to blow leaves away from the shop doors.
            T
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              The hand held vacuum and the two leaf blowers.
              How noisy are these?
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                How noisy are these?
                The vacuum just has an on and off switch, and sounds like a small shop vac.
                The two leaf blowers are both variable speed, and are quieter than my Stihl gas leaf blower.
                I run the leaf blower on low speed inside the shop doors to keep the dust down, then run on high speed outside.
                I just blow the leaves away from the house and shop far enough away, to run over them with my zero turn lawn mower.
                I use the mower to blow them down the hill, and cut them up.
                No burning since I got the ZTR in 2018.
                T
                Terry

Comment

Does the pole pruner have the motor in the head? Have you used it at full length or is it too heavy?
                  Last edited by big_teee; 11-05-2021, 09:04 PM. Reason: Sorry, I modified the wrong post!
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It does have the motor in the head, and no I can't use it at full length.
                    But, I do use it from the tractor platform or standing on the seat, at 2/3 length.
                    It was so cheap I couldn't turn it down.
                    I bought it last winter, saw, battery, and charger for $139.
                    That was my first tool, and that got me hooked.
                    The first leaf blower came with a grass trimmer, charger and 4 amp battery for $200+.
                    I have never used the grass trimmer.
                    I really like them so far.
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

It was so cheap I couldn't turn it down.
                      I bought it last winter, saw, battery, and charger for $139.
                      Good deal. You can't even get just the tool here for that price.

Comment

I have several of the bigger 20v dewalt tools, and batteries.
                        I've been holding out for a deal on a drill and small impact driver.
                        On black Friday, Amazon had the Dewalt dck278c2 kit on sale.
                        It has great reviews is compact comes with a bag 2 batteries and a charger, for $149.99 before tax.
                        https://www.dewalt.com/products/powe...o-kit/dck278c2
                        You can use all the bigger batteries I have, with it, plus the charger will charge all the different size batteries.
                        It came in today, and it looks, and works great, so far!

T
                        Last edited by big_teee; 12-01-2021, 09:01 PM.
                        Terry

Comment

It came in toady
                          Is that a new colour?

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                            Is that a new colour?
                            Maybe!
                            I'm dislyxec and c'nat tpye!
                            Last edited by big_teee; 12-01-2021, 10:40 PM.
                            Terry

Comment

I want to report on the 6 amp batteries I bought for my old Dewalt 18v tools.
                              I have a set of 6, 18v tools, 2 chargers, that are left over from my now retired, telecom maintenance job.
                              The tools are in great shape, but the batteries are shot. (Tool set is 2007, the old shot batteries are 15 yo)
                              So rather than try to adapt the 18v tools to 20v batteries I was able to find Lithium replacements, for reasonable price.
                              https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9GYSHH...roduct_details
                              I haven't used them much yet, but I charged them up and everything seems to work fine.
                              Including the charging the lithiums, in the nicad charger.
                              I did put some electrical grease on the contacts, which made them easier to plug in and out.
                              Here's a picture.
                              The new batteries breath new life in old tools.
                              I love my 18-20v Dewalt tools!
                              T

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2022-05-16 11-05-04.png Views:	0 Size:	310.3 KB ID:	960482
                              Last edited by big_teee; 05-17-2022, 01:31 AM.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X