Oscilloscope howto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscilloscope howto

Found this and thought it looks like a great thing to send someone new to, when they want to know how to measure signals.
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Here is the kit
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
      Found this and thought it looks like a great thing to send someone new to, when they want to know how to measure signals.
      Cute. I have a Vellman PCSCU250 unit with the software loaded on my Windows 10 Laptop. Sig Gen, 2-Ch Scope, which functions as a Bode Plotter as well as FFT functions. I buffer the input and output of it with an Amber 3501a Audio Analyzer (for extending the input range up to 300kHz, and an HP353A Xfmr coupled Step Attenuator for Balanced Output with excellent bandwidth well past 20kHz flat. I haven't seen this little hand-held device before, but this is the age for those things.
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
        ..for extending the input range up to 300kHz.
        So you're extending input voltage range but lose bandwidth? Like wth an uncompensated voltage divider?

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I have the cheaper Velleman PCSU200.
          Bought it years ago for the extremely useful Bode plotter function (otherwise it can't replace a full feature scope).
          I've used it to measure and plot the frequency response (up to 1Mhz) of:
          - Pickups and PU impedance
          - Inductors
          - Speaker impedance
          - Reactive load impedance
          - Ecap impedance/ESR
          - Wah-wahs and other guitar pedals
          - Output transformers
          - Amplifier stages
          and more.

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...