Great transistor tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great transistor tester

This is a great transistor tester! I have used the Peak Atlas DCA55 for many transistors. It works great for larger output transistors. I am currently working my way though a pile of output transistors that were gifted to me.

https://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/...-analyser.html

I have an older version... works great!! There is one limitation.... If you are testing Zener diodes, it will show them as "Zener" if 9v or less. If you are testing 12V or higher, it will show them as a regular diode. This is stated in the manual... but I did not realize it as I was testing my 15v Zeners!!
    It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

The upgraded DCA75 even does curve tracing when connected to a computer by usb. Haven't picked one up yet but have been meaning to.

Comment

The older models also have the curve tracing capability.

What I really like about the unit is that it not only tells you if a device is good, it allows you to connect the wires without worrying about which lead is which. The unit does a self test and then the display will show you the wire color versus E, B, or C. It also works great on FETs.
        It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Robinson View Post
          The upgraded DCA75 even does curve tracing when connected to a computer by usb. Haven't picked one up yet but have been meaning to.
          Yes, same here, saving up now. They sell cheap testers on Ebay, MK328, which also test resistors, inductors, caps but i do love my DCA55.

Comment

Just working my way through a ton of output transistors. (This is just the tip of the iceberg.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5398.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	996112

Comment

Working...
            X