New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project

So, I've been doing some studio work for a song writer friend of mine on a project called "These Broken Lines". It's pretty cool stuff. Some of it features some pretty heavy hitters- Val McCallum who plays with Jackson Browne and Peter Stroud who plays with Cheryl Crow to name a few. I'm mostly doing bass and drum tracking with some minimal guitar. Here's a new release if you care to listen.

Here's a link to the YouTube page if you care to check out more.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTK...fN6nWOXxiVEgsQ

Last edited by The Dude; 11-22-2023, 01:00 AM.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Spy With a Cold Gun and Grand Prix de Barcelona get my vote for listening. I did listen to all the tracks and there are good and creative breaks, fun melodic and harmonic segues and counterpoints and the musicianship is obviously top notch. Production is REALLY good across the board and I like the tones for the most part. These are really talented dudes you're hanging with on this one

The bass is dynamic, on point and demonstrates well with the overall quality of this work... Are you willing to tell us where your "minimal" guitar parts are? The production is good enough that we could easily pick out any given part. Nothing is burried in the mix. Enquiring minds want to know.

FWIW there's not a bad guitar part anywhere in these songs. So you're safe no matter where those parts are
    Last edited by Chuck H; 11-22-2023, 01:35 AM.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Actually, the only song I played guitar on, of those on YouTube, is "Spy with a Cold Gun". I played drums, bass, and some rythm guitar on that one. That song was written as a movie sound track idea- think James Bond. There are more in the can waiting to be released. If you want, I could list what I played on each track. It may take some time, though. I'd have to try to remember. I've tracked so much for this project that it would be an exercise to remember what instruments I played on which songs. I did not play at all on "Grand Prix de Barcelona". That was recorded by an actual band- I think mostly live.
      Last edited by The Dude; 11-22-2023, 01:49 AM.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I really enjoyed that one. And the production quality is top-notch.
        Should point out that if the name Peter Stroud rings bells for anyone, he was also a co-founder of 65 Amps.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Spy with a Cold Gun was indicated first because it was my first choce. No surprise there
          Nailed it.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Funny thing.?. It didn't pop up on my last click to your link. I dug a little and here's the URL I found for *uoutube. EVERYBODY LISTEN!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSIq...j_9TDc&index=1

Comment

Passed this on the good fellas over at https://www.aguitarforum.net/

We used to be about Agile/Rondo/SX guitars but now have lots of categories and cover a bunch of ground, often in humorous ways. Trying to spring new members and i hope some of those fellas will join and participate here also.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                Funny thing.?. It didn't pop up on my last click to your link. I dug a little and here's the URL I found for *uoutube. EVERYBODY LISTEN!!!
                Thanks. I'm going to embed that right in this thread as there is so much crap going on in youtube and I find it always easier to open a direct player than go into the site. Aside from their big ad push recently, it's just so intensive that it often freezes up my browser.

Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                X