Tonemill guitar effect pedals from Istanbul / Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonemill guitar effect pedals from Istanbul / Turkey

Hi everyone, a friend of mine mentioning the other day, I have checked out those boutique pedals manufactured under the brand name of Tonemill. Imo they sound rather nice, different and more vintage-ish-). You can either check their page at www.facebook.com/tonemill or just youtube it for live video demos; all unedited...

I live there and this is the first time I have heard their existance. However if you still would like to have something built in Turkey, check out Alen Geere - Pedals

Comment

I always see on the Ebay great capacitors from Turkey but I am resistant to buy from there for some reason. I have to say though that the capacitors look of great quality, but my resistance has kept me at bay for now... Might have to buy some caps from there one day to see if those parts are really good or what. Just don't know if those parts are NOS and that impedes my decision to buy Turkish parts. Maybe I should try to rectify my thinking better and one day filter my thinking better to get some other opinions on the matter.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Well, so doI !!!!

Originally posted by strata View Post
        I live there and this is the first time I have heard their existance. However if you still would like to have something built in Turkey, check out Alen Geere - Pedals
        Well, you might as well just do some Google'ing my friend... And the facebook search, too. I strongly recommend!!!

Comment

Well, they are there; in Istanbul - Turkey and they are everywhere on the net, so you cannot possibly have missed them. Do a better search next time-)) Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
            I always see on the Ebay great capacitors from Turkey but I am resistant to buy from there for some reason. I have to say though that the capacitors look of great quality, but my resistance has kept me at bay for now... Might have to buy some caps from there one day to see if those parts are really good or what. Just don't know if those parts are NOS and that impedes my decision to buy Turkish parts. Maybe I should try to rectify my thinking better and one day filter my thinking better to get some other opinions on the matter.
            Those caps are likely to be made somewhere in the far east, instead. However I dont think that anyone living there would have any difficulty with building analog pedals in large quantities because parts that are not available locally (often a simple cosmetic item such as a nice looking switch or a chicken head knob) could be ordered at large quantities without increasing costs. Being an hobbist or trying to build a tube amp which includes heavy weight items like output transformers which cannot be shipped at low costs and require specific know-how to manufacture is another story:-) The only guy I heard of who knew how to built such an OT has recently passed away, and leaved behind a large transformer company, but he had never made them a regular production item at all. He could built a few OT's for special orders for people who somehow happened to know him and that was it.

Returning back to the pedals, I don't think that there are many people who know their manufacture at all. They are a niche item for those who already happen to have all boss and ibanez made pedals and still want something different I guess:-)

Comment

Well, I did search.
              Found the main page: TONEMILL Full Analog Effect Pedals for Guitar
              So far, so good.
              But it has some *serious* issues, which makes me wonder.
              1) Clicking on [sound samples] it takes you to: [Tonemill BluesMill] page, describing a red MXR Dist+ clone.
              No, no [sound samples] there *at all*.
              And the pedal description is , to say it someway, "strange".
              The pedal is called BLUESmill ; but its description claims: This pedal has a rather crunchy heavy / trash metal sound.
              2) clicking on [models] , brings you to [Tonemill Contact Us ]
              3) clicking on [video samples] brings you again to the [Tonemill BluesMill] page, with our old friend the red MXR Dist+ clone.
              4) clicking on [sound samples], the server answers: [Not Found The requested document was not found on this server. Web Server at tonemill.com ]
              5) [prices] and [news] take you nowhere.(you stay in the same page you were before) and finally:
              6) [contact us] does indeed give contact info.
              7) although 5 different pedals are mentioned, clicking on *any* of them, either takes you nowhere or sshows you the red Dist+ clone.
              *All* of them:
              Minimal
              Minimal
              Minimal
              Minimal
              So please let me suggest that if you want them to be "everywhere on the net", you'd better address the *big* page problems first, just in case somebody with 10 idle minutes indeed *does* navigate the Tonemill site.
              As a side note, I know and love Istambul, Imperial capital for over 1600 years.
              Anytime I'd love to be on some fast steamer along the Bosphorus sipping some tea, coffee or ayran.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Well, I will not, of course, get into any discussions with you here--))... Just youtube it under "tonemill" or/and go check that name on the facebook... So, they do exist-)))...

Comment

Working...
                X