Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Of The Day - Guitar Amplifier Electronics: Basic Theory

Guitar Amplifier Electronics: Basic Theory by Richard Kuehnel

A new approach to explaining how to design the essential circuits of a vacuum tube guitar amplifier, including preamps, cathode followers, tone stacks, power amps, phase inverters, negative feedback, and power supplies. The book includes the traditional mathematical formulas for calculating parts values that were used by legendary amp designers like Leo Fender, Jim Marshall, and Dave Reeves. Its primary design tools, however, are modern graphing calculators that are free on the publisher's website. They are designed for smartphones and laptops, making them as portable as the book that puts them through their paces.

Note: Music Electronics Forum is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.
    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Happy to see Kuehnel's name here. All of his amp books are excellent.

What about Merlin Blencowe's and teemuk's (Teemu Kytalla: "Solid State Amplifiers") books?
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I concur with Helmholtz ..... the Kuehnel books are well written, easy to digest, and a good source for getting your feet wet for amplifier theory.
      It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Working...
      X