Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Of The Day - Designing Tube Preamps for Guitar and Bass

Designing Tube Preamps for Guitar and Bass by Merlin Blencowe

Designing Tube Preamps for Guitar and Bass is the most comprehensive guide to the design of tube-based preamplifiers for musical instrument use, in a single volume. From the input to the phase inverter this book discusses in detail the inner workings and practical design of every part of a conventional guitar preamp, including the use of triodes, pentodes, tone controls, effects loops, and much more. This second edition is fully revised and includes four new chapters covering noise, signal switching, topology, and grounding. Aimed at intermediate-level hobbyists and circuit designers, it explores how to manipulate distortion and maximize performance for the perfect tone. With easy-to-read explanations, minimal math, and over 250 diagrams and figures, it is an essential handbook for any tube amp enthusiast!

Note: Music Electronics Forum is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.
    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Yep, that book is a keeper.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X