Tour of Jim Darr's Pickup Winding Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour of Jim Darr's Pickup Winding Room

For those of you throughout the years that have asked about my winders and how I wind this is for you. A Tour of Jim Darr's Pickup Winding Room. Let me know your comments and thoughts. Look at EP 7 on my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCC...pZE4QnARVHbICQ
    =============================================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim

I've watched a few of your videos Jim, but hadn't seen this one. That's an amazing collection of vintage mechanical coil winders! Having dedicated machines is the ultimate setup. Thanks for sharing!

I bought a cheap semi-hollow about the same time you did your video on the red one. I'm still surprised of the quality. It's getting a lot of play.

The poor L/P Special got mutilated. A router sled would work well for truing and leveling the back. Glue a cap on to get thickness back. I did a similar repair to a neck where the truss rod was exposed. My solution was to glue strips of veneer all with the grain oriented lengthwise. I brushed the glue, secured the pieces in position with masking tape, and wrapped it with stretch wrap to clamp it in place. It worked well. The results weren't invisible, but weren't obvious either. Good luck with the project. I'll be following along.

Comment

John,

Thanks for the kind words.

The LP Project is coming along nicely. I won't spoil anything but I used a different solution for the back cap already.

Tell me about your cheap semi-hollow.

Thanks for watching. My goal is to educate. Any content suggestions for the channel??

Jim
      =============================================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X