No announcement yet.

Electric fence security question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, here in the USA there are laws against booby traps in your home.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Um, here in the USA there are laws against booby traps in your home.
      This sound weird as I heard it is a only country which allow to defend the propriety with a gun.
      "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

Well, the National Fencing Association doesn't have the lobbying power that the National Rifle Association has.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Fencing is legal, put up 5 or 6ft chain link with barb wire or concertina wire top and bottom.
          It is used everywhere around here, though mainly for business parking lots, to protect equipment.
          Livestock electric fencing is popular too. It won't kill you, but will get your attention.
          Electric fence supplies, sold at any farm supply store.
          Put a junkyard dog behind the chain link or electric fence, that is real popular too.
          Don't forget to put up the, "Beware of Dog" sign!
          But, like Enzo said, you can't install booby trap, or dead fall devices, like you're in the jungles of Viet Nam.
          T
          Attached Files
          Last edited by big_teee; 12-22-2021, 11:37 PM.
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Boobytraps ARE illegal. But who's to say you have them if they work as they should
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

What about a honeypot room? A room with lots of nice stealable things and when they enter the door locks shut and they are caged till the popo shows up.
              nosaj
              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                Boobytraps ARE illegal. But who's to say you have them if they work as they should
                That was almost a coffee on the keyboard moment.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

If a boobytrap works, then the evidence is stuck there on a spike the next morning.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Even relatively benign booby traps can have their legal issues. There was a mine on sale over here with a gas cartridge that sprayed indelible dye (like the stuff used on banknotes). You hid it with leaves or soil and then when the person stepped off it they got covered - ruining their clothes and staining their skin for days. There was a great deal of debate whether this was legal to protect the perimeter of a property due to the distinction between trespass and burglary. If a trespasser (which is a civil matter - not criminal) gets sprayed, then the property owner could be tried for common assault.

Comment

Working...
                    X