Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balanced Line Driver / Analog Devices SSM2142

Yo All,
    I thought I'd share my simple balanced line driver design with everybody. It was a fun project that I need for driving my brass body resonator guitar and is designed with a stereo input for one or two different instruments, when used with a Y cable (2 female 1/4" mono to single 1/4" stereo male). Based on the Analog Devices SSM2142, my design features an OP-270 adjustable gain stage and is great for most unbalanced inputs. I have an extra chip if anyone is serious about a build... feel free to message me. cheers, mike Balanced Line Driver.pdf
    Attached Files

Thanks

Wasn´t aware about an IC with direct balanced outs in such a straightforward way, it definitely simplifies things.

Later will download and save its datasheet (you might add a link to it in your post).
    Are they still available?

Only worry is that it appears to have a lowish (10k) impedance input, active guitars or Preamps will have no problem driving it, not so sure with run of the mill guitars.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
      Thanks

Wasn´t aware about an IC with direct balanced outs in such a straightforward way, it definitely simplifies things.

Later will download and save its datasheet (you might add a link to it in your post).
      Are they still available?

Only worry is that it appears to have a lowish (10k) impedance input, active guitars or Preamps will have no problem driving it, not so sure with run of the mill guitars.
      Here's the datasheet, I'm not sure if it's available: SSM2142 Balanced Line Driver Data Sheet (Rev. C) (analog.com)

Good point on the input impedance, the 10ks can easily be changed. This design has worked great now for several years with my low output resonator and Seagull a/e. Very low noise and transparent. I love these Acopian supplies for reliability and ease of use.

Comment

Working...
      X