No announcement yet.

Craftsman 82139 DMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That unit seems like an honest effort by Craftsman to provide a semi professional meter. Today's equivalent from them looks to be about a hundred bucks. And for that price I probably wouldn't spend much time trying to fix it. Not that a hundred bucks is nothing to me but poking around in that thing, trying to get readings through the conformal coating and then trying to source and replace SMD stuff between tiny traces would probably take too much time and still stand a chance of a failed repair.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I did something similar once with a projection tv.. ended up causing smoke to come out of the selector switch.
      with a coil putting out 30000v even if you fixed it there will be times when you wonder if what your reading is correct or not. So in the long run and sanity it would be best to replace it if not a simple fuse.

nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
      X