LED Driver chip info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Driver chip info needed

I have a board from some medical equipment that has seven multi-section LEDs that I want to use on an amp for novelty but I cannot find a datasheet for the driver IC anywhere. I've looked for hours, maybe just not in the right places? It's a TSCC51DBP-12CA as shown in the picture. Any ideas? The only place I can find where this is even mentioned is to get a quote on production numbers.
    Attached Files
    --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it was a mask programmed micro controller, maybe 8051 series. If it's dead you are out of luck unless you have the capability and time to engineer a replacement.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Something Intel made circa 1980, from the copyright stamp, unless the 80 82 following the word "Intel" is actually a catalog number of sorts.

edit: after looking over wikipedia, it might be likely this is something in the 8080 family, as mentioned above.
      Last edited by eschertron; 02-12-2022, 06:52 PM.
      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

I think it's a Temic (formerly Telefunken) ASIC using an Intel core.
        If so there will be no replacement or documentation available.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I was afraid of that.
          --Jim

Comment

Your moniker "gui_tarzan" suggets that you might a a coder of user interfaces. If that is true you will have little difficulty using something like an Aruduino board to light up those displays. Just search for "Arduino 7 segment code".

Comment

Actually it goes back to 1995 when I first got on the Internet. I was going to chat rooms as "Spidey", a reference to Spiderman, where people would say things like "Robert walks into the room with a hangover from last night" and so on. I used the "Spidey swings into the room on a web" until someone took my handle and was saying inappropriate things pretending to be me. So I changed it to Gui_tarzan who "entered room swinging from a guitar cord" thing. After a while people started calling me "GT" so that became my handle until the site closed down a few years later. Gui_tarzan is actually a play on "Gitarzan" by Ray Stevens' song from the late 60s.

I hate coding with a passion. I know enough to know just how much I hate it. The last thing I want to do is try to learn yet another language.
              --Jim

Comment

Boy, did I get that wrong!

Comment

soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
                    Boy, did I get that wrong!
                    LOL!
                    --Jim

Comment

Not my area, hate digital things, but you won´t find them as "seven multi-section LEDs" , search for "intel 7 segment display drivers".
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

If it's a tube amp you want to use nixie tubes anyway.
                        Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

If I had a bunch, I would.
                          --Jim

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                            Not my area, hate digital things, but you won´t find them as "seven multi-section LEDs" , search for "intel 7 segment display drivers".
                            Of course. I drew a blank on the name earlier.
                            --Jim

Comment

I think the chip was manufactured by Temic.
                              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
                              X