I admit it, I broke it while fixing RV-DP100BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I admit it, I broke it while fixing RV-DP100BK

First, I’m posting this but need to setup my troubleshooting area, got a six foot table to put my Oscilloscope on while the machine is torn apart permanent location in the living room till I learn which circuit board to find.

Here is the service manual, lucky find: https://elektrotanya.com/jvc_rv-dp10.../download.html

Tore apart the Box, found loose belt, simple repair and just put it back together right? Normally yes, but I find ways to sabotage my work lol

(I messed up getting the deck (Cam) aligned, running it powered up to locate first position, which I found, then I re-assembled it powered up, thats when (I pinched 2 ribbon cables going to the tape Deck, pulling them randomly out of socket, my big mistake.) I created an issue with the signals to the amp all signals stopped going to Amp Section. I have to find the correct circuit board to replace.

I only fooled with the 2 ribbons to the tape deck, the rest stayed connected while working on it. The box can be taken apart exposing the Mechanical and Mechanisms, the only thing on the front half is the small speakers and tape deck loader door, no major electrical stuff to worry about, until you assemble it, thats when the 2 ribbon cables are vulnerable to the edge of front assembly can pinch them, they need to tuck in away from the front half of the assembly.

The Box belongs to a Friend, uses’s it to practice his bass on it, also records on the tape deck, the reason I’m in this mess, we all know it’s ancient but this box has many features not realized and I’m not ready to give up on it yet. Currently been looking at page 33 AN7317 (IC32) for the signal loss, I can’t seem to find it in circuit. The other 2 is 4 channel driver IC601 and Vol - IC501 both on page 62.

Tape Deck works perfectly. Currently HeadPhones (No sound) CD, Tape Deck, Tuner, input guitar, drum pads, scratch knob > to speakers, all sources stopped.

Could use more brains and eyes to locate, then discuss if I’m on the correct path or not. Funny didn’t find the Service Manual until I lost the signal. Maybe had I found it, I would have had the disassembly procedures.

The goal is to locate the signal lost and on what circuit board to replace. If I find a component level part I feel confident to replace that I can source it here in the states, which I doubt, I will have better luck finding a broken one to harvest the circuit board from.

Which board would you choose?

kv
    Last edited by killivolt; 04-25-2022, 04:56 PM.
    Plato said that “music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything”.

Not pursuing this repair. Found a Working used model with a missing scratch pad knob.

Keeping this one for parts.

I may try later if time will allow to see what I broke, an attempt to pinpoint where. Maybe the supply chain issues will work our and we get parts we can trust to repair.

In the mean time, I have a Recording Studio to put together, drama over.

kv
    Plato said that “music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything”.

Comment

Working...
    X