No announcement yet.

Behringer PMH1000 Europower Schematic Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also signed up a few years ago, as Jazz said, there is a "very basic" electronics test, i guess to stop people with no knowledge trying to repair things, or to stop spam bots....
    Easy to upload & download, i have done both.
    There is a mountain of info here.....
    My two usual "go to" sites are (after search here obviously)
    ElektroTanya | Service manuals and repair tips for electronics experts
    Consumer electronics : Service Manual free download,schematics,datasheets,eeprom bins,pcb,repair info for test equipment and electronics
    if it isnt there, then it's google search time

Comment

In my old shop, which I gave away in 2003 to my employees so I could move out of the country, had a large collection of schematics and service manuals stored in 11 4 drawer file cabinets, plus many shelves of binders. That was the most valuable asset of the shop, although the massive collection of HP, Tektronix, Sound Technology test gear(24 fully equipped work benches for 15 techs) was worth more in resale value, the manuals were the the most profit generating.
      The internet has changed the value of information. Information has become taken for granted which has altered many industries that depend on it, particularly if there is asymmetry of information between the client and the business.
      It has also made a repair shop a less attractive business prospect in that the easier repairs that compensate for the real money losers are gone. Prior to the internet almost all repairs had to go to a shop because service manuals provided by the manufacturers only to their authorized service centers were valuable differences between customers and service providers. Now, only the repairs that the neighbor gives up on are taken to a shop, but not before inducing more damage or disturbing evidence that a real tech could have benefited from in speeding a diagnosis.
      In a way it is good that more information is available but it also increases the risk to those owning equipment that a hack amateur repair project has a higher likelihood of rendering their valuable or classic device a worthless pile of junk. Of all the repairs I hated most, it was the "a friend took a look at it" type. Induced faults by unqualified "techs" are harder to find because the mechanism of failure of the original symptom is buried under new induced failures which are not as logical or directly related to symptoms. A busted amp that just blew up on its own will be much easier to diagnose than one that possibly has all the transistors re-installed in the wrong positions or where some of the non-color coded wires in a wire bundle were put back on the wrong terminals, for example, before the "friend" gave up on it. Since I am doing repairs primarily as a hobby now, but having the only properly equipped shop in a city of 7,000,000, I adopted a policy of just not working on gear that was hacked by people with more information at hand from the internet than skills. I am starting to make an impact by training a lot of people who had no service alternatives to hacks working on their kitchen tables, by showing people that good repair and diagnostics is much cheaper than bad attempts. Since it is for fun, I reserve the right to refuse "tech" induced damage.

So there are some benefits in some situations, to have massive amounts of information available, it is often more dangerous and costly when the level of expertise needed to use the information in a non-destructive way is missing.
      I find that basic concepts and self education is actually getting much worse in all areas of knowledge impacted activities. When information is so readily available, there is a strong tendency to not learn how to use it or evaluate it, so with vastly more information or data available, the average person knows much less than 20 years ago about almost any subject. Without a fundamental grounding in the background, concepts and philosophies of a field, having access to random data related to that field is actually counter productive and generates and propagates more myth, rumor and bizarre beliefs then ever. More really ignorant baseless beliefs are held today about science, politics, history, medicine, economics and even trivial things like electronics-for-music repair than ever in history.
      Overall the devaluation of data has made the world dumber and less safe or happy but certainly more polarized and myth driven. It has also isolated much of the population, where virtual contacts take priority over real human interaction. It has become a driver towards lower quality of life factor when easily manipulated data, or the most popular data overpowers correct or appropriate data.

Comment

elektrotanya:
        You can upload files as non member as well.
        upload=feltöltés (in hungarian)

put in your email address.
        With the time you will find out, how the membership
        thing will work.
        Please check the wanted list from time to time.

Besides elektrotanya you can upload files at eserviceinfo.com which is also a great help.

or

bama archive: http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/
        only measurement equipment, send manuals directly to edward (the webmaster).

Comment

Yes , to fix "repaired "equipment is really a pain.

I have seen that in old times as well , so lack of data did not prevent
          friends to replace burnt resistors over and over again , sometimes with wrong values.
          Missing documents made it even more difficult to understand the chain of the failure for them.

I think as well, that the level of general education has fallen
          But this is not a result of "devaluation of data".

This is a result of the philosophy of our life in times of shareholder value and mass production:
          A 50$ Harddrive is just a damned 50$ thing and not a technological miracle which took decades to evolve.
          Last edited by spamunkulus; 07-20-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Seriously, go to Elektrotanya, enter "Behringer UB1222" in the top search box.

The resulting page has a number of large buttons that say download, but those are really downloads of apps and services. The actual manual download button is under the preview picture. See the line: This file is downloadable free of charge from the site: Get Manual
            The "get manual" is the button.
            That worked, thank's Enzo. I didn't realize the link was in the text.
            -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Please what are right values of +-Vbus supply voltages for power amp ?
              Thanks.

Comment

The exact voltages are not labeled on the schematic.
                But, the capacitors are rated at 63V.
                At 63V I would not expect to see more than 55-58 volts dc on the +Vbus & -Vbus rails.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                  I've got one of these on my workbench, and after spending time getting familiar with it, and reading the schematic, I've found the fault it came in with. The VDR (?) VT1 20391. All the markings are burnt off and I need to replace it. Do you have any information on this part? Is it a manufacturer's specific part, or can I get it through eBay? The unit came in dead, and after replacing the 5amp fuse a plume of smoke came out of it. I stripped it down fearing the worst, but after a few checks I traced this part which has blackened sides, which I can see now it's out of circuit, but I can't identify as the markings are burnt. Can you assist please?

Sorry,the model Number is a PMH1000
                  Last edited by lenjo; 07-28-2017, 04:52 PM. Reason: forgot Model Number

Comment

I don't speak spanish, but this might help:
                    Reparacion mesa Behringer
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Here is a repost of the PMH1000 schematic.
                      BEHRINGER PMH1000.zip

Comment

Looks like a MOV across the mains to me.

Here is the data sheet to read what the part number means. Looks to me like a 20mm 390v part
                        http://www.atcsemitec.co.uk/pdfdocs/...gTVRSeries.pdf
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                          I don't speak spanish, but this might help:
                          Reparacion mesa Behringer
                          Thanks friend. That will certainly help. Don't worry about the Spanish, what I don't understand can be translated anyway online.

Comment

Sorry, but I think that spanish link is incorrect. It does not make sense to have an NTC thermistor there.
                            Please see Enzo's post #41 above. The symbol shown on the schematic is for a MOV type part.
                            Originally posted by Enzo
                            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                              Looks like a MOV across the mains to me.

Here is the data sheet to read what the part number means. Looks to me like a 20mm 390v part
                              http://www.atcsemitec.co.uk/pdfdocs/...gTVRSeries.pdf
                              Did I read that you have a manual for this model? If so, do you have a part number or further info on this item? I agree that the listing seems to be there but is the 30291 in the list referring to a Behringer part number? Sorry to be a pain, but I want to be certain.

Comment

Look at the data sheet I listed. Like many parts makers, their part number is made up on the spot by the choices you make for the part. 20391 (watch your typos) is taken right from that sheet. It is the MOV maker's number. Behringer part numbers are longer with a bunch of hyphens. Besides, Behringer won;t sell you parts anyway.

PArt number:
                                TVR is their MOV series, "Thinking Varistor"
                                20391 - 20mm size and 390v
                                the rest doesn't matter, but is:
                                K - most likely at 10% tolerance, the others are more specialized
                                S - plain old wire leads, the other two are specially bent wire leads so it sits up on the circuit board if desired
                                Packaging - do we want them loose in a box, taped to a strip or taped to two strips You only need one, so who cares.

There are no manuals for Behringer, all we ever got was schematics, and in some cases a parts list. But note on the schematics, the parts are identified by type, not by Behringer part number, so 20391 is a type, not a stock number.

I got the data sheet from google. The brand MOV you use is not important. The equivalent part from some other vendor would likely have a totally different number.
                                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                                X