Peavey Automix Footswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Automix Footswitch

I have a Peavey Mace combo for which I would like to build the footswitch. This one does not have the Automix input on the front, it has Effects, Parallel, Series, and Normal. It has the Tremolo circuit instead of the Phasor and of course the Reverb. If I'm not mistaken, the footswitch activates/deactivates each feature by simply grounding/ungrounding the corresponding point in the amp except possibly for the series/parallel switching. Does anyone know where I could obtain the schematic for the footswitch used with the Mace Combo? Peavey does not have footswitch drawings on their site that I can find...

Thank you,
    Eric.

Call Peavey customer service. they have excellent support for all their products, old and new.

Comment

This was in the "peavey_mace_deuce_vt.pdf".
      You are correct re the reverb and phase switches to ground
      but pins 2 & 3 go to pin 1.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oc disorder View Post
        This was in the "peavey_mace_deuce_vt.pdf".
        You are correct re the reverb and phase switches to ground
        but pins 2 & 3 go to pin 1.
        I did see that one but I'm a little skeptical of it being the same as the one used with the "plain" Mace since it's scematic is very different when compared to the Mace/Deuce schematic. The tube output section at a quick glance is the same, but everything from the phase inverter back is completely different, including the way the input jacks are wired. What is really disappointing is that the Mace owner's manual with schematic on the Peavey site is very poor quality. You can get main idea of what's happening in the schematic from a troubleshooting standpoint, but values/part numbers/pin numbers are quite difficult to discern.

Okay, 30 min. later, I can see how that could be the corrct footswitch afterall. After having this amp for close to 20 years now, I finally decided to pour over the schematic and dedicate some thinking to how the footswitch should operate. It's never really been that important to me as I've never really needed the footswitch, I just wanted it. After all this time, I now realize my original thinking on what functionality the footswitch provided has been wrong. It was originally explained to me that when plugged into either the Parallel or Series inputs, you could use the footswitch to choose between the four channels. It didn't make sense to me then, but I just accepted it given my age and experience compared to those that were telling me this. It wasn't really important to me, so I never bothered to check it out. Now, after finally truly studying the schematic I understand how it works. If I plug into Parallel, I can get Effects, Normal, or Parallel. If I plug into Series, I can get Effects, Normal, or Series. Gee, there's nothing like making myself feel like a 20 year dolt first thing on a Thursday morning!

Thank you for pointing out the footswitch and kicking me into gear to better understand that section of my amp. I still need to find that can of Lube-A-Trol for my pots though... Anyone know the Peavey part numbers for the pots in this thing...?

Eric.

Comment

In this Deuce schematic some Peavey pot part numbers have been handwritten in. You will have to contact Peavey as the number system may have changed since this was made.and or they may be no longer available.The numbers are usually indented into the pot case.
          Vibroworld has some pots listed
          http://www.vibroworld.com/parts/tech17.html#ppot
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oc disorder View Post
            In this Deuce schematic some Peavey pot part numbers have been handwritten in. You will have to contact Peavey as the number system may have changed since this was made.and or they may be no longer available.The numbers are usually indented into the pot case.
            Vibroworld has some pots listed
            http://www.vibroworld.com/parts/tech17.html#ppot
            Thank you for that but I took the more tedious approach. I found my can of Lube-A-Trol but the spray tube was missing. That's when the fun began. Peavey for the most pasrt seems to be good about using connectors for the wires that go off the board, except in my amp. Several were soldered directly point-to-point. But oh well. (Oh yeah, my Mace was made in Feb '75.) But what I did was pry up the tabs holding on the backs of the pots, remove the shafts, polish their contatct points a bit, spray a bit of the cleaner/lube on the resistive element, reattach everything and now it is working perfectly! It would have been a easier if the spray tube had not vanished but at least everything is back in working order now.

Comment

Well, I took my amp apart again and sorted out what the wiring should be. The Deuce footswitch will not work. But here is the schematic of what WILL work if there happens to be anyone else out there that might be interested. I used Primo PDF print driver and no matter what, I could not find a way to force the print to the top of the page. But here it is.

Eric.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by icefloe01; 03-09-2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X