marshall 5212 pot values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall 5212 pot values

does anyone have schematics for marshall 5212 (fifty split channel reverb), i just need exact pot values?

i found one scheme but it is way too complicated and handwritten so it is hard to read anything at all.

thanks

Originally posted by low light View Post
    does anyone have schematics for marshall 5212 (fifty split channel reverb), i just need exact pot values?
    For which pots? All of them?

Comment

well, yes, since i bought it used, and allmost all the pots have been replaced and few eventually died, I just wanted to be sure which pots to buy, to make amp close to it's original state.

Comment

Normal Volume: 22K Linear
        Bass (2X's): 1Meg Log
        Treble (2X's): 220K Linear
        Boost Gain: 22K Linear
        Mid: 22K Linear
        Boost Volume: 100K Log
        Master Volume: 22K Linear
        Reverb: 22K Linear

Comment

thanks,

But when I opened the amp, one of the few marshall pots still intact was A1M (1 meg) on master volume, so isn't it too big diference if replaced by 22k, or vice versa if someone replaced 22k with meg which worked fine? Wouldn't 1meg on a place of 22k allmost mute it?
          Also, there is a presence control that held 4k7 marshall pot. does that value match?

Comment

The master volume is just a voltage divider, so almost any value will work. The control is in parallel with a 100 ohm resistor, so I wouldn;t expect a ton of difference.

According to the schematic there is a 4.7k pot in between the master volume wiper and the FX send, which ought to act like a presence control. SO yes.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

thanks a lot,

just one more thing,
              gain pot (on drive channel) affects the clean channel, it ads little hi-end drive when turned up. This amp can only switch channels by ext fs. When fs is not connected above problem occurs. It's like the fs jack itself is necessary for bypass to work fine.
              Is there something I could do with it?

Comment

Foot switch needs to be in place otherwise both channels will be on.

Comment

Working...
                X