Marshall 20/20 Schematics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys

Actually, a redrawn schematic is not necessary to satisfy the service biz. All that is really needed is to label the destinations of each pin of each connector on the schematic. I do this just to help myself wire the thing correctly. Down the road, you won't remember every connection for every amp or product.

Japanese consumer electronics have among the best schematics available for the service industry. They are usually tw0-colour (black and red on a white background) and show both the individual assemblies and the interconnections.

One of the issues of having complete and/or printable schematics is that one compromise or another must be accepted. Most amps are pretty complex these days, so embody a lot of circuitry. In the drafting days, you could use different standard size paper sheets to accommodate everything using a standard size (individually chosen) for the components. A small schematic could go on a small sheet and a large schematic on a large sheet. In both cases, the symbol for a tube is the same size. 1980s vintage fender schematics, for example, are often on a size-E sheet which is really large. Printing this on an A-size sheet (8.5x11") makes the component values unreadable. As a computer file, you can zoom in on portions of the circuit but seeing the whole thing may still result in hard to read text.

Splitting the schematic into more smaller sheets makes printing the portions better and the result more readable on standard paper. The negative is, like you say, that you have to print all those sheets and see how it all goes together. Again, the software used to generate these sheets demands that interconnections be of a sort the computer understands as interconnections. How this is presented on the schematic is up to the designer.

Have fun
    Kevin O'Connor

Comment

I am still looking for the 20/20 schematic, could anyone help me?. Thaaaannksss

Comment

Working...
      X