Problems with Ampix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Ampix?

Anyone else having problems uploading to ampix.org? After I upload the pic & enter the file info, clicking Continue gets me a "The website cannot display the page" error page.
    ST in Phoenix

I just went there, opened my gallery and opened a file as a test. The already stored file was still there and accessible. I then uploaded a copy of the Peavey JSX Mini schematic, which it accepted. I then tried to open that file, and I was able to do so. As far as I can tell, it is operating properly. Maybe you were there during system maintenance or something?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Same thing this morning. I successfully uploaded 3 jpgs last night that were under 700KB, but I have several more that are larger. It says the upload is successful, but after I enter the file info, then next screen is an error. The files don't show up in the album when this happens. I've tried just 1 file at a time and 2 at a time, but I never can complete the process.

Can you try uploading something around 1MB? Thanks.
      ST in Phoenix

Comment

I was just successful with a 200KB file, so it seems to be a file size issue. ????
        ST in Phoenix

Comment

SHould be able to upload pretty large files. We get 2Meg in the forum, and I posted entire service manuals at ampix, like 4MB and stuff.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Send tboy a PM direct, in case he doesn;t look in this section.

Comment

Thanks! I wasn't sure if he oversaw that, too.
              ST in Phoenix

Comment

For the moment at least, I'm baffled as to why it's not working for you. The current file size limit is 5 megabytes, and I just uploaded a 3.5 mb file from a test account with no problems. If you're using Internet Explorer, it might be worthwhile to try a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.
                -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I'm using IE with no trouble.

Try clearing your cookies maybe? REminds me, I gotta clear my temp files here.

Comment

I'm using IE8 on Windows 7. I just tried it on Firefox & got a blank page after the file info page.

I'll attach screenshots:
                    1. File uploaded in IE8
                    2. Error page in IE8 after clicking Continue
                    3. Blank page in Firefox after clicking Continue
                    Attached Files
                    ST in Phoenix

Comment

Same thing on my Vista laptop with IE8:
                      Attached Files
                      ST in Phoenix

Comment

Same thing with IE8 on an XP SP3 machine. I'll try it from work tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.
                        ST in Phoenix

Comment

I am a total dummy when it comes to computers, so take what I say with a grain of salt. ANy chance your ISP is the problem somehow? If all your different systems at home don;t work, that might be the one consistent element.

I see Windows7 and Vista, you are a new systems guy. I am using XP.

Comment

That's why I'd like to try at work tomorrow. Although, I did try last night while logged into our VPN, so that should take any filters from my ISP out of the picture. We'll see. I may have to try emailing you or tboy a file to see if it's the files.

Yeah, I'm a technology guy. I'm shopping for a guitar with a Roland 13 pin connector now....
                            ST in Phoenix

Comment

Same result at work. I guess I'll use Photoshop to compress the files.
                              ST in Phoenix

Comment

Working...
                              X