Regards
    Denis

I have a VOX DA5

Originally posted by ermynn View Post
    I'm searching schematic for a VOX DA5

Regards
    Denis
    The VOX DA5 has 2 boards.

The upper board contains the DSP and effects, including most of the controls.

The lower board is the amplifier and such. I have reverse engineered a good portion of that lower board because i want to mod it as a stage monitor (and bypass the main board, which is damaged). I have the schematic, but how to make it public?

-erikspersona

PS -- i think i can attach these schematics which i created on the free version of DIPTRACE (maxed out all 300 connections).

DA5_amp_sch.pdf
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DA5_amp_schem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	417.9 KB
ID:	828822
    Last edited by musicelectronix.erikspersona; 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM. Reason: To add/fix schematic attachments

Comment

I love my DA5. I have already done 3 mods. The damaged DA5 was actually my friends (he dropped it too many times; my DA5 is still working).

So far i have:

1) added a foot-switch to duplicate the bypass and tap buttons
      2) added a switch to bypass the line out speaker disable (enable line-out and speaker to operate at same time as a personal monitor).
      3) added a trim pot to adjust output volume

I really like the all-in-one and the effects (especially the rotary-reverb)

Comment

Originally posted by musicelectronix.erikspersona View Post
        2) added a switch to bypass the line out speaker disable (enable line-out and speaker to operate at same time as a personal monitor).
        I would really need this mod. I got this amp for few years, but now would like monitor my playing while recording from line out. Could you tell how this mod can be done, please?

Comment

I haven't used my DA5 in a long time. I plugged it in and it won't power up. Does it have a fuse?

Comment

Originally posted by jblue48 View Post
            I haven't used my DA5 in a long time. I plugged it in and it won't power up. Does it have a fuse?
            Sorry it took me so long to figure out how to log in.
            I have not seen a fuse or like. Could be the AC connector.
            Check to see if batteries work (new batteries).
            Or it could be the transistor inside (heat-sink on the case, connected by red,white and black wires) This can become unplugged. Also check the switch, i found the connector could get oxidized.
            I have read about regulators going bad, but that is just what i recall. Have not actually experienced it.

should be able to respond a little faster, henceforth.

Comment

The batteries did work. Thank you for the response.

Comment

Hi,
                Sorry to resurect an old thread, could you let me know how you added the footswitch mod to the bypass button. I have taken my DA5 apart, and can see the switch on the top board. There appear to be 4 connection between switch and PCB. How did you wire it.

Thanks.

Comment

http://dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/DA5_Service_Manual.pdf
                  DA5 Service Manual
                  It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                  X