Can anbody help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anbody help me!

I am growing weary of looking for a schematic for my 1948 Magna MEC #M192-5 amp. Does anybody know where I can find one? If so would you be so kind to e-mail? .....anything would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks, Tuck sunlandtraffic@clearwire.net

How many tubes are in it, and what types? Sit down with a paper and pencil and draw out the schematic yourself from the amp. Look up the tubes in a manual for the pin connections. I have whole files of schematics I have drawn this way when I can;t find them already existing.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Are the part numbers and/or codes visible? If so, couldn't you create one yourself? Are you trying to repair or restore it?

Comment

1948 manga amp

Oh....I forgot to mention that the amp has been modified and repaired so many times. It's far from being original. I want to restore it.

Comment

Restoring a piece like this will require some digging. A Google search finds this site: Magna Model M192-5 A number of the links there are dead, but vibroworld is apparently still in business. Have you tried to contact them? There is also a discussion group referenced there for these amps; is it still active? Just scanning through the text on the Vibroworld site I see some potentially useful information: "The M192-5 has 3 inputs. Guitar 1 and 2 inputs and a microphone input. The amp uses a 6SN7 for preamp, a 6N7 phase inverter, a pair of 6V6 power tubes and 5Y3 rectifier tube. The power supply transformer is #5001 1 CS 5779. The output transformer is Triad 1659. It has a 12-inch speaker." You could start by diagraming what you have to see if it makes sense to you and/or the people here. You can find pin-out diagrams and data sheets for the tubes here: TDSL Tube search Is it presently working?
          Last edited by martin manning; 10-14-2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X