Schematics BANDIT 112 SHEFFIELD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematics BANDIT 112 SHEFFIELD

I'm looking for schematics for the PEAVEY BANDIT 112 SHEFFIELD I need to replace 6 missing potentiometers for which i don't know the references
    cdl yu pls help me

Transtube Bandit 112 schematic

Oh so many Bandits.
    This schematic is for the Transtube Bandit 112.
    The pointy logo is made in USA.
    The block logo in made in China.
    Peavey Bandit Timeline link: • View topic - History and Timeline of the Peavey Bandit
    Attached Files

Comment

yes so many models

Thks very much. it's very kind of you;
      But the model i have is the SHEFFIELD MODEL: BANDIT 112S TT assembled in UK.
      If you could help once again
      thks
      Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Oh so many Bandits.
      This schematic is for the Transtube Bandit 112.
      The pointy logo is made in USA.
      The block logo in made in China.
      Peavey Bandit Timeline link: • View topic - History and Timeline of the Peavey Bandit

Comment

That is all I have.
        May I advise that you contact Peavey?
        Contact the Parts Department at: parts@peavey.com

Comment

Sheffield just means they shipped it with one of their Sheffield speakers in it instead of an Eminence or some other speaker.

Look on the circuit board, are there silk screened numbers like VR2, VR4? Or VR102, 104? Those will ident the pots to PV. COntact PV customer service for schematics, which include parts lists. And if this is a Euro amap, contact PV-Euro.

PV pots all have part numbers of 71190xxx or similar. If that number is printed on the part, then that is its part number. But on a lot of them, the 71190530 would just say 530, or #530, or 0530, next to the date code. Point is that the part number is often printed on the part, at least enough to ident the part.

And all you need is the part numbe to order it from PV. I highly recommend getting the exact part from PV instead of trying to come up with an equivalent part in the aftermarket.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Sheffield just means they shipped it with one of their Sheffield speakers in it instead of an Eminence or some other speaker.
            I can't entirely agree with that, though obviously that was the intention behind. Yet, as far as I know, many of the TransTube series amps have appeared in few different circuit revisions while the cosmetic appearance has changed a bit as well. The first ones I think were the "red stipe" ones, which were then followed by the silver striped versions with Sheffield speaker and badge. In some cases these Sheffield amps were different than previous red-stripe models that had the very same model name while also being of TransTube series. So, it can get a bit confusing.Today the entire cosmetic look is again very different from the previous versions and some circuit alterations again have been made. So looking specifically for diagrams of a so-called "Sheffield" version isn't such a far-fetched idea. The speaker is not neccessarily the only thing different in them in comparison to others.

e.g. Not entirely same, though all are Peavey Bandit 112 of TransTube series:

Peavey is very good in supplying schematics. email them, give them the serial number or some other identifications and I'm pretty sure they can provide the right schematic for you.

Comment

+1 on Enzo's point about the "Euro amps". Some of Peavey's products for the European market were made in Peavey's UK plant.

If you can't get the schematic from Peavey USA...

PEAVEY ELECTRONICS LTD
              Great Folds Road
              Oakley Hay
              Corby
              NN18 9ET
              Northamptonshire
              Phone: 01536 461234
              Fax: 01536 747222
              e-mail: info@peavey-eu.com
              sales@peavey-eu.com
              repairs@peavey-eu.com
              customerservice@peavey-eu.com
              spares@peavey-eu.com
              "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

If you look on the serial number plate of similarly named Peavey models, you will often see things like Bandit 112, and Bandit 112 '07. That '07 version is a different model from the previous one and will have its own schematic. And right next to them I also have Bandit 112 Export - the overseas version. I'll post it here. In fact I have two different Bandit 112 '07 diagrams, one is the Bandit 112 '07, the other incorporated the Envoy onto the board as the Bandit 112/Envoy 110 '07.

Obviously things can change at any time, but Peavey has a very long history of model naming. When they offer a bass combo in both stamped basket and Black Widow equipped, the TNT115BW is the identical amp to the TNT115 except for the speaker upgrade. They did this with Scorpions and Black Widows and when they added Sheffields to their line, they did it with them as well. ANything can happen, but it would be very un-Peavey like to have a speaker name addition also mean a different circuit without other model name changes included. That is only an opinion.

Here, does this "export" version look like your amp?
                Attached Files
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hello, it´s not exactly the point of this thread, but my Bandit 112 was plugged in wrong AC, and the main transformer is blowed ( its not the fuse, i´ve checked...). I already have downloaded several schematics and figured out which version I have and etc... but I can´t detailed find info about the AC outputs of the main transfomer... someone have any directions to fix the transformer? Im trying to fix it prior to get a new transformer becouse I live outside of the USA and buy another transfomer will be too costly...

Thanks in antecipation,

Daniel

Comment

*Maybe* your transformer has blown, but it's *much* more likely you burnt the power amp itself, and/or the power supply.
                    Did you have it checked by a technician?
                    Did you buy it at a shop, with "nota fiscal", (in that case you should have access to an "autorizada") or is it an orphan amp?
                    Good luck.
                    PS: if you live in or close to São Paulo maybe you can buy a functionally equivalent transformer in Santa Ifigênia street, but I repeat I have may other suspects in line before that transformer.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                    X