Fender Champion 110 Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Champion 110 Schematic

Oh the joys of Monday, I have a Champion 110 in for repair. It's not chan. switching although the led says it is. Does anyone have a schematic for this little guy.
    Many many thanks in advance.

John

Amp repaired. one of the j111 shorted. It would still be nice to see this schematic. Anyone doing future repairs on this amp can get a good idea from the Fender Champ 30 schematic.

Many Thanks
    John

Comment

Fender Champion 110 #C
      Attached Files
      It's All Over Now

Comment

And a huge thanks goes out to vintagekiki I'm sure this schem. will help a lot of people.

Comment

Here is the pdf file . which I renamed.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yay, that worked.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
              Here is the pdf file . which I renamed.
              Thanks! Does anyone have the layout drawing for this amp? I have one coming in on UPS next week to which I want to mod like my Champion 30. A layout drawing would help but I think I can wing it. These amps have a nice and powerful clean channel ideal for blues and maybe country as well. After toning down the Drive channel a bit even that is usable.

Steve

Great amps for blues:

1990's . . . . . . . .. . early 2000's
              Champion 110 ---> Champion 30
              Princeton 112+ --> Princeton 65

And then Fender switched to the DSP series.
              Last edited by Steve A.; 04-19-2013, 11:52 PM.
              The Blue Guitar
              www.blueguitar.org
              Some recordings:
              https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

It is in the service manual
                Attached Files
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  It is in the service manual
                  Thank you kindly! Most of these Fender drawings are intended for 11x17 tabloid-sized paper. I've been adding cropped pages to the Fender PDF files on the amps I've been working on, sometimes just removing the white space and notes* and sometimes just splitting the page in half so you can tape the two sheets together if you are so inclined. Right now it is still a work in progress but here is a link to where I have uploaded them (the ZIP files are collections of PDF drawings in JPG format):

http://tinyurl.com/schems-mods

which is a shortcut for:

https://www.box.com/s/9wxoxouv487laycyqnj1

Steve Ahola

So far I've done:
                  Champion 30
                  Princeton 112+
                  Princeton 65

* the notes are still available on the original drawings still in the PDF file.
                  The Blue Guitar
                  www.blueguitar.org
                  Some recordings:

Comment

I actually looked at 11x17 scanner beds, but thought better of spending the money. PDF files don;t care, you can blow them up or shrink them, and my Fender files cover a zillion amps already. I have a shelf full of paper fenders too for what I haven't got in pdf. I have some large sheets scanned in parts, and it sucks. Like some of my Acoustic stuff is in four parts. And old Yamaha schematics folded open like road maps three feet on a side.

SO if you have some 11x17 Fender file you want, just ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                      SO if you have some 11x17 Fender file you want, just ask me.
                      Thanks for the offer! I have noticed that the schematic section on the Fender site is missing a lot of their models. BTW is there anything like the Fender Field Guide for solid state amplifiers to establish dates, etc. I just threw away a stack of their Frontline catalogs- darn!

Steve Ahola

P.S. I just picked up the Champion 110 last night. That was the 3rd Champion 30 or 110 that I received from the GC on-line used equipment store in the past 3 weeks- the first two had blown speakers noticeable on the low notes at reasonable settings. For this amp I called the store back east and had them check it out- they called back and said it worked fine. I had called one store about an amp and had them check it out. "I just looked and the reverb knob is missing. And oh yeah, both volume controls are broken off." BTW there is a $12.50 shipping charge at least for used amps which is refundable if the amp is damaged. I think that is a very reasonable price considering how much you'd pay on eBay to ship a guitar amp.

One tip buying GC used- it might not show which store it is coming from until you add it to your cart. I then paste the store name into Google to get the phone number so that I can call them and have them check out the condition.

BTW I just compared the Champion 110 and Champion 30 schematics last night and other than the output section (they use a different power IC) they are practically identical.
                      The Blue Guitar
                      www.blueguitar.org
                      Some recordings:

Comment

I have discs of Fender schematics, plus an entire shelf of binders full, many if not most are not on the discs. The selection on the Fender web site is just the most common or popular ones. It was never intended to be the complete collection.

Comment

Working...
                        X