No announcement yet.

spirit powerstation 600 schematic needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey g1 thanks, much appreciated! The left ch is working great but the right ch is very low volume, any suggestion?

Comment

Top right area of the mixer has power amp in L & R jacks. Plug signal straight into those and see if the volume is the same or different.
      This will tell you if the problem is in the mixer section, or the power amps.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

hey g1 ,i plug my signal into the right power amp and it works fine.

Comment

tried the left side of the power amp section and it works fine as well. so i guess i have to look at the mixer section eh?

Comment

Hi chuckb, and if you still can, do yourself a favor and edit your email address from the post. The spammers will grab it and you will get your email address on lists.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

hey enzo thanks for the heads up on the email address. all deleted now!

Comment

hey g1, i've been playing some music through the right channel and it's volume is low. so i adjusted the gain and mains vol when all of a sudden it went loud! so that was encouraging but it dropped of again . I did this several times and there seems to be a loose connection between ch gain and the master vol. When i turn up the gain all the way and the vol all the way, it seems to come in very loud and play again, then drop off again.could it be a cold solder joint somewhere in the chain?

Comment

It could be an iffy connection anywhere along the chain. At least if it can jump to regular volume you know there is nothing seriously blown in the power amps.
                  In the upper right area there are 'graphic eq in' and 'power amp in' jacks. They are switching jacks that can get oxidized if unused. If so they can cause problems like you have. Give them some exercise by plugging in and out of them a bunch of times, and give them a shot of cleaner if you have.
                  (more info here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=28549 )
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

hey g1, thanks for the info. i inserted a 1/4 " cable into the eq output in the upper right corner, next to the power amp input and i got a reaction in the volume. it seems that i only need to insert the 1/4" jack partially into the eq input jack for it to work, when inserted all the way i get nothing. Going to use some detoxit on the input jacks and clean it up some and see if this helps. the eq input is the only one that gives me this reaction and of course the power amp input jack as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X