Peavey Transfex 208s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Transfex 208s

I am looking for the schematic for this amp? I do have the manual, but it does not have the schematic in it.

What I am looking to do is, this amp has a good digital effects module and I want to use just this effect module. So I can plug this into any other amp. This module has a ribbon cable connecting it to the rest of the amp. I am hoping to find out what pins are the input and output, apply power and have a effect pedal. Enzo told me this is a +5v p[ower supply. So I should be able to find out which pin is ground and power. Just need to find the in and the out?

Thanks
    Rob
    Last edited by caspercody; 06-10-2011, 08:12 PM.

Customer service at Peavey.

customerservice@peavey.com
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks! I did email them on Thursday, but in the mean time if anyone has any information please let me know.

Thanks
      Rob

Comment

I did get the schematic from Peavey, connected some wires to want I thought would be the input and out put but no sound. Is there anyone who will look at this and see what you might think will work, or not?

Thanks
        rob4shared folder - My 4shared

Comment

The connector I am asking about is shown on page 3 bottm left corner, and again on page 8 left side in the middle of the page. It is the 14 pin connector.

Thanks
          Rob

Comment

Put the board back into the Peavey amp and connect it up so the thing works there. Now use your volt meter to VERIFY which pins are connected to ground and which to +5VDC. You need to make sure you have the right pins connected.

Once you know that, you can figure out the rest of the pins.

Now you can put the board in your new hookup. Is there +5VDC on the pin where it belongs?
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I had the connector connected to the amp, and wired some wires off the pins for a input and output and a ground. Then connected these three wires to some jacks. I did use a meter while it was connected to the amp and found the two pins that are +5vdc, and there seems to be about six pins to ground. When I remove the connector (no power to amp) there are only about two grounds. Maybe it will not work because I have the connector plugged onto the amp? I turn on one of the effets, a leslie effect, and I can hear thru the amp the circluar leslie effect sound, but no sound from the guitar (I have to turn the amp up to hear the noise)?

Comment

AH. Well to use the board by itself, you pretty much will have to remove it from the circuit. And I wouldn;t expect it to work very well anyway if you ran a guitar dierctly into it. The amp takes the guitar signal and amplifies it before sending it to the board.

Comment

Thanks for your help! I got an email from Peavey that they use the same board in a stomp box of theirs, the Max100. Now just need to look for information on that. But I do not want to do to much to this, and ruin it.

Comment

SO ask them to send you the schematic for the Max100.

Comment

Go the schematic for the Max100, and I do not think my idea will work. I think there needs to be some type of amplfing the signal to get an sound. Oh well, I won a Behringer V-amp 2 off of ebay for cheap. Will use this instead of my idea.

Thanks for your help Enzo!!

Rob

Comment

I think I mentioned that in post #8.

Comment

Working...
                        X