Wharfedale SPX-815 Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wharfedale SPX-815 Schematic

I am looking for a schematic for the Wharfedale SPX-815 powered pa......just need the power amp section please.......thanks.

Powered mixer... looks like most of them. I have nothing on this.

Have you contacted Wharfedale to see if they would provide schematics?

Wharfedale Pro - Sound Reinforcement and Live Sound Equipment

And it is possible this is made on contract for them by someone else? SO on the circuit boards in question, is there any other name? Or possibly board numbers?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

There's no ID on the board apart from Wharfedale.

I did contact the U.S. Rep and Wharfedale. The only way they will give me a schematic is to become an authorized American Music repair center. I would like to do this, but it will take a while to get the requisite info together (including liability insurance). Here's a picture so you can see what it looks like; this is just the power amp.Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030373.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	823238

Comment

Yeah, I don't recognize it as someone else's. WHat's wrong with it?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well, when I first plugged it in, it would output a sine wave (I drove the input with a sine wave) with visible crossover distortion. When you raise the gain enough to cut in the high voltage rails on the output stage, it dragged those DC rails down from ~80VDC to around ~35DC. Then, the output started oscillating. Now it randomly drags the rails down; not all the time. But in doing comparative measurements across the transistors of the two channels, one of the "inner" intermediate power transistors on one channel reads quite low compared to the other channel. In order to trace the circuit, I feel like I need to take the board off of the heatsink, but I'm kind of hesitant to do that, since I'd have to either desolder or unscrew a large number of transistors, so I'm waiting a bit to see if I can get a schematic before I go in "blind" so to speak.

Comment

Hi.
            If it's not too late, I have the full SM. It's about 8MB. Here's the AMP.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Thanks a bunch!

I'll file it away, but I fixed it by "brail" w/o a schematic a couple of months ago.

It had a bad 7915 and 4 bad driver transistors in the power amp.

But thanks again!

Mark

Comment

Welcome!
                Just joined the club.....

Laslo

Comment

PLEASE PLEASE!

Originally posted by paleeman View Post
                  Hi.
                  If you can send me Wharfedale SPX-815 Schematic diagram or full Service manual. Mail to gfgfvsim@gmail.com or Dropbox.

Comment

Originally posted by paleeman View Post
                    Hi.
                    Dear Paleeman can you please send me the SM of the wharfedale spx to my email: franky.domingues.rocha@gmail.com
                    thanky you

Comment

Working...
                    X