Orange Terror Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
    Nice waveform, but what's the magnitude of it? Amps p-p? I can think of a lot of faults that would give the same waveform, just a lot bigger than it should be.
    I can't say I'm afraid, I just lashed this up to see the waveshape, so it's uncalibrated. I've used a small 200t winding that we used to use as current sense transformers a lot in the PSUs I used to test, with a bit of R on the end.

AC input current is about 80mA at that point I think. That pic was taken at 100v input, it doesn't seem to change much when I go toward higher voltages, though I did occasionally see a little RF instability on the the slopes.

Edit : Ignore the pic with this post, I cant seem to remove thumbnail
    Attached Files

Comment

So what MOSFET did you eventually settle with? Did it work??? The original MOSFETs on the Bass Terror was the Fairchild FQA28N50.

Comment

I gave up in post #10, I eventually found out there were a couple of batches that had had problems and this was in one of them.

Thanks for the info though, handy to know what should have been there. Part of my problem was that someone else had attempted repair before and I didn't know what was original. With manufacturing problems possible too, it was far more trouble than it was going to be worth. It's pretty rare I'll give up on a job, but sometimes you have to.

Comment

Hi, old thread, but could you repost the pictures of the bottom of your terror bass?
          I just repaired one that had all 5 of the standoffs that hold the power supply board broken off.
          Just making sure all is well before I power back up. I failed to take before photos.

Comment

As it was never posted, here is the schematic: orange_tb500_bass_terror_sch.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
              As it was never posted, here is the schematic: [ATTACH]45457[/ATTACH]
              Thanks JPB

Since you seem to have a direct line to Orange, do you have the Micro Terror available?
              Yes, the 20W thingie powered by a notebook brick.
              Thanks.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

No gots.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                  Thanks JPB

Since you seem to have a direct line to Orange, do you have the Micro Terror available?
                  Yes, the 20W thingie powered by a notebook brick.
                  Thanks.
                  It's not a schematic but I think you might find this useful to you.
                  Thanks,
                  jason
                  freestompboxes.org ? View topic - Orange Micro Terror
                  soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Thanks nosaj
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                    X