need Crate G120C schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need Crate G120C schematic

Looking for a legible schematic for a Crate G120C amp. All the ones I've found on the internet so far aren't clear enuff to use. Thanks

This one no one has, I guess.
    Your best bet is to contact Loud Technologies & ask for one.

Comment

What part are you working on. It is several huge 11x17 pages, I'd have to scan each page in parts.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

talked to Loud Technologies

Thanks Jazz P Bass I called Loud Technologies this morning and they're sending the schematic. Had to email back the disclaimer. The guy was nice and no problem. Thanks also Enzo I guess I'll wait for their copy. I wish I knew exactly where the problem was- I have super low volume with the guitar plugged in and normal volume plugged into Line In. So, bad preamp component?? This forum is pretty cool. Thanks

Comment

Plug a cord from Line out to line in, any help?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

no i tried looping the cord and didn't get anything.
            I'm trying to fix a friend's crate g120c solid state amp. The amp worked fine then quit suddenly with no intermitent problems. It has 2 channels. When either the A or B channel is switched on, you can barely hear the guitar. This is with the vol and gain all the way up. If you plug another amp into the Line In on the Crate the sound is normal and can be adjusted by the other amp while the Crate pots don't work. There aren't any burn marks or signs of component meltdown on the 2 boards. (One is labeled power amp and the other preamp.) Apparently no cracks or bad solder joints altho somebody replaced a capacitor on the preamp board and lifted part of the copper trace. Still shows good continuity. All the jacks look good with the meter. The pots all showed the same pattern-small resistance fully cc and going to open as they're turned clockwise?? Not what I expected so I'll check them again but I don't think they're all bad. The transformer is putting out +21 v and -21 v on the secondary leads to the boards (I think that was the voltage if I'm remembering right). The speakers are both connected and show continuity. I'm hoping some components need replacing and I'm planning on checking the voltage test points after I get the schematic and going from there. This is OJT for me and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Crate G120C XL sound issue

Originally posted by merk View Post
              Thanks Jazz P Bass I called Loud Technologies this morning and they're sending the schematic. Had to email back the disclaimer. The guy was nice and no problem. Thanks also Enzo I guess I'll wait for their copy. I wish I knew exactly where the problem was- I have super low volume with the guitar plugged in and normal volume plugged into Line In. So, bad preamp component?? This forum is pretty cool. Thanks
              "Did you ever resolved the issue?" Would you be able to send me a copy of the schematic? I have the same problem - except it is intermittent... Many thanks!"

Comment

Plug a cord from preamp out jack to power amp in jack - any help? Likewise if there is an FX loop, try a cord from send to return, any help there?

Comment

Working...
                X