Schematic for Acoustic G35FX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic for Acoustic G35FX?

I just got an Acoustic G35FX from the local GC where they are selling them for $99 this month (I don't know if other locations are selling them at that price.) I was looking for something that gets a nice clean and loud sound for lap steel guitars- and it certainly gets loud! In fact it is so loud that I want to add either a master volume pot or an attenuation switch to be able to reduce the volume playing at home. My other complaint is that the reverb isn't very loud- cranked to 10 is like 2 on a Fender reverb combo amp.

I haven't looked at the chassis yet but I suspect that the audio circuit is analog while the FX (reverb or delay plus chorus) are digital. I have a hunch that the wiper of the treble is what goes to the power amp section and if I interrupt that I can insert a MV or an attenuation switch. As for the reverb I might look for an IC stage connected to the FX level control and increase the feedback resistor.

One other mod- I like the clean channel bright but that makes for a very harsh OD channel so I was thinking of running a cap and resistor to ground at the hot terminal of the OD volume pot.

I should be able to figure all of that out without a schematic but having one would make things easier. As always if I come up with some good mods to this amp I will post them to my site.

Thanks for all of the great help available here!

Steve Ahola

P.S. One thing interesting about this amp is that what has always been called a "mid boost" (or "shift") is now marketed as a mid cut for "scooped midrange." I guess that the heavy metal dudes have taken over the world!
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/
Working...
X