Kustom C 895 C895 "Frankenstein Head"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom C 895 C895 "Frankenstein Head"

Looking for the schematic on this Kustom model C 895 head. It's solid state.
    Mid to late 60s Franken head by Ross Inc.

I did not see it in the sticky.

Thanks.

Look around here:
    Welcome to VintageKustom.com!!!
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thanks.

I did check there a long time ago and didn't find the C 895 schematic.

But get this, I just checked there again and got this message: "We apologize, but due to a hard drive crash we are not able to supply schematics at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Guess they won't have any schematics.

Comment

Yes. But that amp has come up for discussion there. Perhaps a member has the schem. No down side to asking.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

The first k200 listed in the sticky is the schematic for all of the Frankenstein heads. There are sections for the main preamps, the power amp, the reverb vibrato and for the reverb only boards.

There were only three different versions of the Frankie heads plain, RV and PA (reverb only on one channel). All of the numbers like 895 was the original list price of amp with the speaker cabinet.

Comment

Agree and add: Kustom uses board numbers rather than model IDs.
            Look at them, and post the codes they have .
            Typical are similar to "PC5066" and such.
            With a few basic boards they could build a lot of different models by combining them creatively.
            Not bad, simplifies production and servicing.
            EDIT: just checked 52Bill's suggestion and it sems to be there.
            I looked at the K200 schematic and apparently it's the real deal.
            Last edited by J M Fahey; 03-11-2012, 09:51 PM.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Ok, so it was $895 dollars and not the model number. Sounds like an old timer mistake looking at the price tag and calling it the model number, or vice versa.

I'll take a look at the K200 and check the codes on the boards as well.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Intergalactic Tourister View Post
                Ok, so it was $895 dollars and not the model number. Sounds like an old timer mistake looking at the price tag and calling it the model number, or vice versa.

I'll take a look at the K200 and check the codes on the boards as well.

Thanks for the help.
                Actually that was the model number, the C stood for CTS speakers, J for Jensen, L for Lansing, etc. The next series of amps had even more involved model numbers. The one thing that never changed was the K200 name. There was the K200 then K200A and finally K200B series amps. The Frankie heads didn't have pc board numbers like the later models did.

Comment

Working...
                X