Kustom K100C Model 6 Schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom K100C Model 6 Schematics

Does anyone have a set of schematics for the Kustom K100C Model 6 bass amp with the PC900 Power Amp and PC1700 preamp? Thank you.

Search of the forum provides the Kustom sehmatic links, which include the PC900. Will have to look for the 1700

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t19128/

The preamp: don't know what you are trying to fix, but consistent with its extreme age, one of the most common things these preamps need is to replace all the little tantalum caps, or small value electrolytics in the signal path.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

One of the preamps has output and the other does not. I am a professional electronics technician. A schematic would make the repair far easier than using either comparison troubleshooting with the good preamp or drawing my own schematic first.

Yep, you are correct, tantalums are notorious for shorting out when they go bad and if the power supply is hefty enough, they put out a nice flame too. Also, old electrolytics either dry out or become leaky.

I have search the Internet extensively and even contacted Kustom about the PC1700 schematic but I am still unable to find one.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Yes, I understand your preferences, I am a professional myself.

I have the 1700 but I have to get to my other computer to scan it, and that will take me some time. SO I offered the cap suggestion. I see a 33uf and two 10uf suspects.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Here is a picture of the board in question. I have already identified all the transistors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07662.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	825773

Comment

I have to scan a bunch of stuff for my wife's business tonight, I'll try to get the 1700 scanned in as well.

Comment

Here,PC1700
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much. That is great.

Comment

Working...
                X