Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Session 400 (200 watt with sensivity control) schematic

Hi all
    I know I could draw it out but...does anyone have a Peavey Session 400 (200 watt with sensivity control) schematic ? seems to be distorting and unstable only at full power.
    Surprisingly it's not the main filter caps
    EP430 and EP431 0n pre-amp board.

Yes, peavey does, contact customer service at the factory and ask them for it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well here I have to contact the local agent..

Comment

They won;t email it from here?

The power amp appears to be a 400 series as used in lots of amps of the era.

SO if you enter Peavey 400 in the search on this forum, I find the following:
        http://music-electronics-forum.com/t31414/

Post #1 has your drawings.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you Enzo I did see that earlier but saw the master control and assumed (incorrectly) that it wasn't the same.On closer inspection and I see the 430/431 TO220 transistors in the preamp .

I haven't tried Peavey US lately but in the past was redirected to The Audio Products Group here in Australia who also handle AKG,TOA,Denon,Tannoy & NAD etc.They are usually very helpful but I've been spoilt by
          anyone got blah blab --->ZAP<--- here it is
          I did email them in the interim so I'll probably have two !!

Comment

I'd say one strategy would be not to mention where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              I'd say one strategy would be not to mention where you are.
              Yes well sometimes I'm not sure myself ! They did reply and after looking in the Peavey Service web site sent me two.
              One electrically the same as the one you directed me to but 2 pages pre and power including the power supply in other words a different schematic print layout and the second one was the LTD one which does not apply.
              Yes I can only praise the diligence and efficiency of the Peavey support team !

Comment

Working...
              X