Guitar Research AC60R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eman View Post
    Thanks for the thread and schematic. I have a friends and the transformer primary is open. So the tranny is not spec'd on the schematic. I do see 7815 and 7915 regulator after which gives me a hint voltage wise and I assume from both looking at it and the fact it is a 60 watt amp that its 6-8 amps current. I'm sure I can't find the exact transformer but something close should do. Any help appreciated. The part number comes up empty A-78-38U. SS 031006 is also stamped on it. This is a 120V version.

Eman
    Finding more info on it like that its really just 30 Watts RMS perhaps 2-4 amps @ 12 -24V

Eman
    Last edited by ; 06-11-2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Donīt guess, your answer is on post #28 .

Just read the datasheet and what it suggests, donīt know where you pulled the 12V 6/8A idea from.

One possible problem is that besides the 20+20V main winding, it might also need an extra 12+12V to 16+16V winding, LOW current , to power just the preamp.

I guess that some meant-for-LM3886 generic transformer should be available with the required low voltage winding but if not, use a generic toroid (ANTEK has a few) *plus* a small generic 12+12V 500mA for the preamp.
      Being quite small you can fit it almost anywhere.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Donīt guess, your answer is on post #28 .

Just read the datasheet and what it suggests, donīt know where you pulled the 12V 6/8A idea from.

One possible problem is that besides the 20+20V main winding, it might also need an extra 12+12V to 16+16V winding, LOW current , to power just the preamp.

I guess that some meant-for-LM3886 generic transformer should be available with the required low voltage winding but if not, use a generic toroid (ANTEK has a few) *plus* a small generic 12+12V 500mA for the preamp.
        Being quite small you can fit it almost anywhere.
        That guess was before seeing the schematic with the 15V regulators. Thanks for the reply.

ET

Comment

Working...
        X