• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie schematicas

Hi Guys.
    I'm in need of two Mesa schematics.
    First one is for a "lone star special"
    second one is for a "Express 5:25"
    If anyone can assist, it will be much appreciated.

FYI a pervasive assertion on the interwebs is that Mesa schematics omit many details in order to make copying these designs difficult/impossible based solely on these docs. They do sometimes function for basic repairs, and some have been successfully cloned. The best place to look is Grail Tone - Home Page but you may need to go to Randall Smith's Trail of Tears... all the patents he's been granted for copying others and stealing older designs...
    discussed here:
    The Amp Garage :: View topic - Mesa Lonestar Special schematic needed

The LSS often ran too hot due to their bias circuits, the 100/470 Ohm in parallel and the associated 68 Ohm would often fry and crack. Mesa no longer installs the 470 Ohm and replacing the 68 ohm with something beefier usually solves these issue, but they often burn their tube rectifiers too without modding.
    Last edited by tedmich; 04-07-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

sadly the LS is considerably different than the LSS

Comment

Did you get any luck for the Lone Star Special? I've got one in for repair and could do with schematics too

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Swatton View Post
          Did you get any luck for the Lone Star Special? I've got one in for repair and could do with schematics too
          No Luck. What I can tell you, is that the rect tube is used for the 5W& 15W mode only.

Comment

I have schematics only for Lone Star (not Special).

If you need them, send me your private e-mail.

Comment

Thanks both.

Handy info re: rectifiers, cheers.

I have found the Lone Star drawings (links on this page), but I also actually have the special too and it is different.

Comment

Thanks both.

Handy info re: rectifiers, cheers.

I have found the Lone Star drawings (links on this page), but I also actually have the special too and it is different.
                Please post schematic for Lonestar special.

Comment

Ah sorry, I wasn't clear - I have the amp but not the drawings.

Comment

Working...
                  X