Peavey RQ2318

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey RQ2318

Peavey sent me a schematic without the power section area(transformer,ac receptacle,switch) which is what I need.
    They said they do not have a schematic for that model with the power section.
    The mixer I have is missing the AC receptacle and switch but transformer is there.

If someone has that it would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Well, if Peavey doesn't have it, who else would?
    Welcome to the sight jmac.
    First off, how familiar are you with wiring a transformer to the mains?
    If you have never attempted it, I would say take it to a tech.
    That said, you will need the correct IEC connector (it's missing?)
    I would recommend that you do a little research on wiring up a transformer to the mains.
    Typically the hot leg gets fused & switched to one of the transformer primary leads.
    The neutral leg then connects (or is switched) to the other primary lead.
    Hear is a good read from Rod Elliott: Power Supply Wiring Guidelines

Comment

Did they send you the 26 page schematic file? If so, look on page 14, the power supply page. The bottom of the page shows the mains wiring. Pages 16,17 are the board layout, and they show the circuit board for the receptacle and switch.

If you have the transformer primary, connecting the mains to it is done just like on any other piece of equipment.

As far as I know, there is no main fuse, they rely on the thermal breaker inside the transformer.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
        They sent the schematics without the power supply section and said they could not locate that part of the schematic but would keep trying.

Comment

How many pages was the file they sent?

The power supply is the transformer and everything after. The mains wiring is utterly simple. The three wires from the mains enter, the earth wire to chassis. The hot and neutral sires are both switched. So the power switch is a DPST. From the switch, the mains goes directly into the power transformer. There is no fusing.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X