Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM2000 Version JCM2-20-16

Hi all

Got a right pig here. Customer said he turned on the amp after a short break of using it. No Sound. His friend who is probably a Plumber, who also fancies himself
    as a amp tech. said he will have a look. Changed all the tubes still no sound. He dicked about with it for a bit. then handed it back.

This was all done 1 week ago and some details have been wiped from my brain

When i got it . i was told very low sound. I used the sig gen and up full you could only just hear it.I did notice a cable not connected. i think it was CON 04
    I used the scope and started to trace the signal. It was not making sense. Nothing at PI tube and seemed to be one channel working
    Found the signal at C23 from V2 was correct and after that was reduced and distorted.
    I started to think about that connector and i checked the others to find they didnt match up with the schematic i had . I think it was 2 or 3 connectors in the wrong place.

Then i got both channels up and this time i could hear it . still quite. Then started to trace the signal. Found then that R1 had gone open on V3. Changed it.
    Turned it on working perfectly. So i thought. I found then at any sort of volume it would make some awful sound like a machine gun with distortion and mains tx was making a stressed out sound.. Checked the tubes biased at 25ma
    changed them still the same. Soldering checked. I thought I'll better remove the main board and check underneath. All looks ok. Some repairs to bias board before.

At this point i put it down as i was busy. Sorry to be abit sketchy on the details and the lack of voltages. want to get the schematic before i start and the label on the end of the chassis say JCM2-20-16 think made in 2008

So what im looking for is the correct schematic for this model. Can anyone help

I just want to be sure that the leads are all connected up correctly

BBB

I do not have any references to chassis numbers.
    What schematic are you working from?
    I have a reprint of a two connection charts that I have attached.
    Maybe it will help sort things out.
    If in doubt of a connection, follow the path that it takes.
    You can easily cause more damage, I would presume.
    (Marshall reinvented the term 'SnakeNest" with these amps.)
    Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks Jazz bass. I will look at the wiring diagram later tomorrow. I think its correct now, but i hate it when somebody who knows nothing has a look. I spent alot of my time in electronics fixing tv's
      i remember one time i had a customer bring a set to me. I forget what i did. Fixed it there and then in front of him. Picture and sound were all over the place. He had tweaked every pot on the board.
      I know off

BBB

Comment

And make sure that plumber didn't use any plumbing solder in there!
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I am wondering if this is the JCM 2000 >>> 122, 100, 50, 401 >>> TSL or DSL? I just did not see that info given in the post anywhere and I am not sure how to interpret JCM2-20-16 correctly.
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
          X