Powersoft Amp Modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powersoft Amp Modules

Power amp modules made by Powersoft are now becoming increasingly common in amplified speaker cabinets made by several manufacturers. I have been able to get by without documentation, most failures involved bad solder connections and the like.

However, just over the course of last week people brought in five cabinets, all Powersoft-equipped, and the lack of documentation is becoming a bit of a pain. They all use the same amp module, which is the PowerMod II, probably a "legacy product" as it is no longer mentioned on their website.

Any documentation on these modules (and any other modules made by Powersoft) would be very welcome.

I think I have attached the Powersoft PowerMODII User Manual (been a while since I attached anything here). Not sure how much use it will be to you, but it is better than nothing. Good Luck.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cbarrow7625 View Post
      Not sure how much use it will be to you, but it is better than nothing. Good Luck.
      Thanks. Better than nothing it is, and I guess I'm going to need all the luck I can get...

Comment

PowerSoft holds there documentation tighter than Line 6.
        Send them an EMail a day requesting something.

Comment

Apparently they only give out documentation to Authorized Service Centers.

One might ask the NSA if they have it somewhere among all the stuff they intercepted. But as things stand, they'd probably sell it to Shenzen Happy Dragon Knock-Off Electronics Mfg. Co. for fifty bucks

Comment

Originally posted by flyingdutchman View Post
            Apparently they only give out documentation to Authorized Service Centers.

One might ask the NSA if they have it somewhere among all the stuff they intercepted. But as things stand, they'd probably sell it to Shenzen Happy Dragon Knock-Off Electronics Mfg. Co. for fifty bucks
            They do not give out schematics even to authorized service centers.
            They replace whole module.

Here is one of them for example.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by doctor; 10-17-2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks. That's useful.
              The modules I'm working on are an older model (not even a mention of those on their website) but the power supply section - which is where the trouble is of course - looks very similar.

On the one hand I can understand a manufacturer's policy to replace entire modules. Many field techs are just not capable of repairing this sort of stuff in a reliable manner. On the other hand, I've seen failures of these modules for such stupid reasons as broken-off coil wires at the pcb pins in the mains input filter, or bad SMD solder connections...

Comment

Working...
              X