Maine Amplifier Schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Amplifier Schematics

Sorry it's taken so long to post these. My apologies. Memory in desperate need of a RAM upgrade!!!!!
    Here are the schematics for the 50w and 80w combo, and the channel 1 preamp for the Musician combo. I believe the Musician combo used the 50w & 80w preamp on channel 2.

Maine 50C & 80S Combo Preamp 2.pdfMaine 50C & 80S Combo Preamp 1.pdfMaine 50C & 80S Combo Power Amp.pdfMaine Musician Preamp Channel 1.pdf

Many thanks. I have the 50C. Still working fine apart from slightly scratchy volume controls.

Comment

About a year ago I bought a Maine Stage 80C, (reverb was missing), for £20 (about $32.50) on Ebay. I just love the sound/tone of these amps, and they are extremely well built. A new reverb tank cost more than the amp......but worth it. I find that squirting some switch cleaner into the pot thru the little slots on the back has virtually eliminated scratchiness. What I really like about these amps is the lovely sound is achieved with transistors....not a chip in sight.

Comment

Yes I have all but fixed the scratchy volume controls with contact spray.
        Totally agree about the sound and the construction. I got mine new, but that's showing my age, lol .

Comment

Hi

I have just acquired a Maine 80 S combo.
          Does any one have manual for these.?
          Does any one know what type of footswitches (2) are required as I cannot seem to work amp with latched or momentary switches. ?
          It's a Great Sounding Amp.

Thanks in advance

Kelvin

Comment

The 50/80C have two channels A and B.
            The first foot switch input controls these inputs.
            It requires a stereo jack (tip, middle, earth).
            If the "tip" is grounded. input B is disabled. if the middle is grounded, input A is disabled. if neither are grounded, both are enabled.

If nothing is plugged into the B input this gives, clean A, "colour" only (B), mixed A and "colour" (B).

The second foot switch input controls reverb on or off and requires a mono jack.
            if the tip is grounded reverb is off. Open circuit is reverb on.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Wow! Thanks Count.

I tried sussing it out from the schematic.
              I wasn't even close.

Comment

Dear all

How could you define maine combos sound/tone ?

Tone brightness ? Warmness ? Crunch potential ?

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                X