Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long shot: Anyone have a Magnavox CR-718 radio/preamp schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long shot: Anyone have a Magnavox CR-718 radio/preamp schematic?

I am about to start restoring a 1957 Magnavox hifi console. I found the power amp schem, but not the pre/radio part.

Anybody?

The model is CR-718.
    Stop by my web page!

Sams Photofacts. issue 344-9

OR

1957 Magnavox CR718 Am FM Radio Service Manual CR721 PhotoFact Am FM Tube Repair | eBay
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Given that this site (MEF) is targeted to musical instruments (and closely related tangents)..."long shot" is on target. *chuckles*

I'm a member over at RadioMuseum.org as well, and looked to see if we might have it there. Unfortunately no luck (as far as a model page existing yet). That doesn't mean that there won't be in the future however, and it's worthy of a bookmark if you deal in/with vintage radios as well.

There are several close however, and you might be able to find a chassis that's close enough to draw correlations from.

One word of 'caution' however, it's definitely a different atmosphere, as the social/geographical conventions of interaction are *seriously* geared towards technical accuracy, with almost "clinical" precision. I appreciate this in many respects, however, general 'commentary' and the laid back atmosphere in most US based forums is rather frowned upon. Approach it with a "world view" (as though you're a guest in a foreign country and sitting in their living room) and you'll be fine.

Do expect:
      - detailed, accurate information often with pictures and schematics.
      - Courtesy, mutual respect, and decorum are at the forefront. Allow leeway for language barriers, and expect cultural variations. What may come off as harsh/direct there, may actually be stated 'sterile, direct, and factual' without ill intent/malice/condescention.
      - If you have doubts, ask for clarification!

DO NOT expect:
      - to sit around the watercooler chit-chatting about how aunt Betsy had one of these and how you remember....there is no watercooler. (unless it was part of the circuit design. ROFL)

But remember, it's a difference in culture, and how our engineers may sit around the office and discuss, is wholly different than say Japan, or Germany, or how the Swiss do it. I think RM.org gets a bad rap from some angles... but then again, alot of folks haven't been outside their own borders, and never learned to interact with someone from a foreign country. (Which personally, is a shame. It ought to be required by law in all countries IMO. However, on second thought, there are some that I would hope would NEVER be representative of me/my country...so I digress. *sigh*)
      Last edited by Audiotexan; 07-10-2014, 09:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to include the link >.<
      Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Thanks for the replies
        Stop by my web page!

Comment

Working...
        X