Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmosound CSE50 1970's keyboard amp

Hi,
    I have purchased a 1978, Italian Built Cosmo-sound CSE50 keyboard amplifier !
    I bought it as a project as it was listed as 'not working'.

The cosmosound cse50 is an Italian built combo amplifier for keyboards but was apparently fairly popular for guitarists due to it having a rotating drum, based on the Leslie cabinets of the same and older era.

The initial repair to get it working involved replacing the original bridge rectifier (about 2 inches by 1 inch by 1/2 inch) a 'large' item with a slightly more modern one as any reference to the original has long gone.

Anyway the 2 pre-amp boards and the power-amp boards are pretty much straight forward and in need of a relatively minor service to bring them up to scratch.

However what I need is a diagram, if possible, for the footswitch - which was not present when purchased. It has a 3 pin socket and plug present labelled as 'control' to vary the speed of the drum. There are 2 motors to drive the drum, both 'geared' differently. The voltage at the control socket is pin 1 - 0 v pin 2 - 220 vac and pin 3 - 220 vac. pin 1 is common to both motors and 2 + 3 are motors 'a' and 'b'. Obviously when you select either 'channel' it should cancel the the other and a further press of a switch will stop the drum rotating altogether. I know it should be a relatively simple switching exercise but with 2/3 switches controlled by the foot carrying 220vac it is not one I am willing to gamble on.
    I have considered removing the 220v from the switches and replacing with low voltage relays which would make the switching considerably safer.
    In life there are no problems, only challenges but in my present situation I may have a problem
Working...
X