Allen and Heath ZED 16 mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
    I don't have a schematic, but if it's a shorted TL072, the most likely burnt resistor would be a supply/buffer resistor- used so that if the op amp shorts, it doesn't take out the supply and the rest of the mixer still works. Does the resistor connect to pin 4 or 8 of the op amp? If so, just look at other examples in the mixer and see what the other op amps use for a supply buffer resistor. Maybe 10 ohmish?
    Thank you,
    I'm waiting for the parts.
    I'll post any update later.

Comment

Problem solved!!!
      Replaced U2 with TL072 SMD and R38 with 10ohm/0.5W.
      Currently all works.
      Thanks to everyone!!!

Alternatively PCB AG6747_3 could be ordered in UK,from AUDIO-TECHNICA for £23.
      Part number 003#656

Cheers

Comment

Hello Everyone

does anyone have the service manual for a ZedR16? I have the usual FireWire issue but also a couple of channels where the volume randomly drops and I have to crank the input gain to get it back. Much appreciated in advance and would greatly welcome any advice!

Comment

I don't know the mixer, but it looks common enough. Whenever I hear this complaint on ANY brand or model of mixer, my very first concern is the insert jacks. Any jack that can cut the signal path. Also on each channel, there are assign buttons and mute buttons. Dirty contacts on those can cause such issues. Dirty insert cutouts are often at fault.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi and thank you both for your quick response. In terms of the inserts, I will open the board up and give them a good clean! Thank you for the tip! As for the schematics, neither of those sites have the service manual for the Allen Heath ZedR16, but thank you for sharing!

Comment

Cud anyone give me values of r10...r7..r11..12...6 and 19 of Allen and heath Zed r 16

Comment

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1503527273

Comment

Working...
                X